Topping DX3Pro

Poultrygeist

Lunatic Member
This dac is certainly getting lots of praise. Thoughts or comments?

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...of-topping-dx3pro-dac-and-headphone-amp.4967/

7KyzQSVUQlKmk3IFurus_bannera%20copy.jpg

I might get one if and when massdrop starts selling them again. I have absolutely no no need for them and IV have 6 dacs but I will probably pick one up as I love the akm sound.

I might get one if and when massdrop starts selling them again. I have absolutely no no need for them and IV have 6 dacs but I will probably pick one up as I love the akm sound.

I also don't need another DAC but I put my name on the list for the massdrop.

It's up now for 4 more days at $175 with free shipping.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/topping-dx3-pro

To quote Amirm the DAC guru at Audio Science Review : "I have a choice of the DX7 and DX3Pro. And the one playing on my desk as I type this is the DX3Pro".

On the massdrop forum he says it's his favorite and he owns dozens of DAC's.

I've got a $25 credit at md so I'll probably order mine Monday.

The clicking issues some report won't affect my decision or how I plan to use it.

Last day of the drop so I ordered a DX3 Pro in silver. If it out performs my D30 I'll be ecstatic and I think it may. I'm not into headphones but I like the preamp function and extra gain you get with a DAC/amp combo. The volume control is digital and that's a major plus as it gives precise channel balance while adding no signature of it's own. With my $25 credit I paid $149.99. Hard to imagine you can get a high quality DAC with remote for that.

s-l300.jpg

Any opinions on this now that you've had it for a little while, @Poultrygeist ? I see the drop is back up for 2 more days and I'm thinking about it ...

Also, can you upload a pic of the plug? Would like some size info.

Last edited:
It's up now for 4 more days at $175 with free shipping.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/topping-dx3-pro

To quote Amirm the DAC guru at Audio Science Review : "I have a choice of the DX7 and DX3Pro. And the one playing on my desk as I type this is the DX3Pro".

On the massdrop forum he says it's his favorite and he owns dozens of DAC's.

I've got a $25 credit at md so I'll probably order mine Monday.

The clicking issues some report won't affect my decision or how I plan to use it.
for DAC only use. do you have a preference between the sound og the dx3 and the d30?

I ended up getting one through Massdrop anyway lol. I'll find some use for it one way or another!

A few minutes ago I got the DX3 Pro up and running and out of the box it surpasses the D30. I'm getting a fuller sound and better bass. It seems to have more drive than the D30 and that's without the preamp/volume control engaged. My only gripe so far is the manual which is limited in explanation of the various functions ( and there are lots of them ). The remote control is a nice addition and includes all functions which are also available through the single control "smart knob".

$_3.JPG

Any opinions on this now that you've had it for a little while, @Poultrygeist ? I see the drop is back up for 2 more days and I'm thinking about it ...

Also, can you upload a pic of the plug? Would like some size info.

If you're considering going with better psu I'm pretty sure the plug size is 5.5mm/2.1mm.

$_3.JPG

Sorry, I meant the wall wart. I have all my components plugged into a Panamax conditioner that's getting tight on space. I think I found a picture online of how big it is. Thanks for your info!

The stock wall wart power supply is a 15v 1 amp same as the D30. It uses a two prong non polarized plug that can be installed in either direction.

Last edited:
awilla6,

Every morning for the past two years I've listened to the D30. Unlike some more recent purchases it's sound is seared in my memory. As good as it is and as much as I like the D30 ( which I will not part with ) the DX3 Pro IMO sounds better. Not night and day better mind you but better.

awilla6,

Every morning for the past two years I've listened to the D30. Unlike some more recent purchases it's sound is seared in my memory. As good as it is and as much as I like the D30 ( which I will not part with ) the DX3 Pro IMO sounds better. Not night and day better mind you but better.

What input are you using?

awilla6,

"Audio memory" then. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom