What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

View attachment 1353883
Dont get your shorts in a knot , I gave up on this due to awful fidelity...hopefully there is another better sounding version...

I have many bootleg recordings of Rush concerts, which I downloaded from Usenet several years ago, including this one. IMO, not one of them is worth spending any time on. Best to stick to the official releases.

IMG_20181211_111841.jpg

Yup. I remember having the ca-single with Breadfan on it. Funny I can't remember the "A"side...also the 5.98 EP was how I learned about Diamond Head as well.

Come to think of it, I also had a Metallica ca-single with them covering Queen's "Stone Cold Crazy"...that really kicked some as. Lost them with a bunch of other stuff when, as Jerry Reed put it, "She got the gold mine, I got the shaft".

alternate real life movie plot..
in the real world the mans prior wife used a lawyer to move him out of the house he had worked two jobs to pay for while she was out during the day having an affair for a year with a guy who is "there for her" ( but of course this person doesnt work and is an alcoholic BS artist, that has nothing to do but be there) When the unsuspecting husband finally catches her at a local bar she feigns outrage and yells "what are you doing here"??. Are you following me ??
She instantly contacts a lawyer and he coaches her how to fake a boilerplate domestic a abuse and get maximum payout in emergency family aid ... next the worthless boyfriend moves in to the " free" house...the poor bastard husband ends up bankrupt and living in a shit hole until he recovers from the emotional shock and hideous and life changing as well as unnecessary financial trauma, and goes ahead with life thanking his lucky stars for a much better life than this tramp would have ever provided...and now the unfaithful wife finds out the drunk boyfriend was there for her because he has nothing else to do and was unemployed anyway.....end result father and son have a constantly interfered with and ruined relationship and the son hates the boyfriend with every molecule and wishes none of this ever happened but the ruination of the family is complete...
And the now ex wife ends up a freeloader
( off her father) who bitches about everything in the world but her own stupidity, parental ignorance and moral character...

oops sorry guys ....that's not a movie plot. that's my ex wife and sons mother.
YIKES! I don't know if I should laugh or cry... :eek2: Wait. The victim DID have a happy ending, didn't he??? (fingers crossed)

I have many bootleg recordings of Rush concerts, which I downloaded from Usenet several years ago, including this one. IMO, not one of them is worth spending any time on. Best to stick to the official releases.

I saw them live numerous times over many years and my favorite shows were the early shows 74 to 78 or so with smaller stage rigs and By Tor being an epic stage battle and Anthem as the evening opener signaling mass pot ignition...I can still see , hear and smell it.. Sunburst 345 and fur covered drum riser...The shows that made me love them. finding out many years later that they did those shows for 300 to 500 bucks makes the memories even sweeter.

YIKES! I don't know if I should laugh or cry... :eek2: Wait. The victim DID have a happy ending, didn't he??? (fingers crossed)

life is great because of all that.. I learned lessons and capitalized on my personal lifes protection and happiness, and knew what to look for after that...In the end to have the life I have now 25 years later I would change nothing.

I saw them live numerous times over many years and my favorite shows were the early shows 74 to 78 or so with smaller stage rigs and By Tor being an epic stage battle and Anthem as the evening opener signaling mass pot ignition...I can still see , hear and smell it.. Sunburst 345 and fur covered drum riser...The shows that made me love them. finding out many years later that they did those shows for 300 to 500 bucks makes the memories even sweeter.

I suspect the sound in your memory is better than that on the recording. Nothing really compares to "being there". First time I saw the band was in 1982 at Wembley. It kind of shocks me now to realize just how long ago that was, considering how fresh the memories are. In my mind's eye, I can go back to the venue without the aid of any recording. Good times.

WINNER, WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!

I was just testing your knowledge on the subject. :rflmao:

Now the gorgeous redhead actress in this movie, Alicia Witt is actually an accomplished singer and pianist.
She's made a ton of Hallmark Christmas movies.

Alicia Will came to my attention from a couple of episodes of The Walking Dead that she starred in.
My wife was like, "Oh look it's Alicia Witt from Hallmark". She played one of Negan's people and met a gruesome end at the hands of Carol.

Makes me wonder now if there are any Christmas movies that break out in a zombie apocalypse? Perfect one would be because of some nuclear irradiation/nasty pathogen spread by some 'ol mix up on this years fruitcake order.

Back
Top Bottom