I Regressed And Bought A New Watch

Behold the awesome Mingzhou movement. The Parnis factory (someone's garage) did not bother to regulate so it ran almost two minutes fast per day. Without a timegrapher, had to guess how much to adjust the lever. Will know tomorrow...

Went too far in the wrong direction. The mighty Mingzhou is now 2 minutes slow. Waiting for charge to run out before I try again.

My wife's Scuba Dude. Out of the 10 or so Russkie watches I have had this is the only one that has been worth a shit.

20181207_184059.jpg

Quartz and smart watch owners probably do not enjoy regulating an automatic like I do. Without a timegrapher, it takes several days to adjust an automatic. Opened the mighty Mingzhou twice today to do rough adjustments. Still needs more fiddling but it is reasonably accurate now. Snicker all you want, I can take it.

Quartz and smart watch owners probably do not enjoy regulating an automatic like I do. Without a timegrapher, it takes several days to adjust an automatic. Opened the mighty Mingzhou twice today to do rough adjustments. Still needs more fiddling but it is reasonably accurate now. Snicker all you want, I can take it.

When I was really into watches I did not mind opening them up for a quick adjustment. But I dont have patience for shoddy products and any movement that is poorly made I usually ended up just throwing it away. If it did not keep consistent time, out it went.

When I was really into watches I did not mind opening them up for a quick adjustment. But I dont have patience for shoddy products and any movement that is poorly made I usually ended up just throwing it away. If it did not keep consistent time, out it went.

Yeah, the mighty Mingzhou will always be fast or slow. Interestingly, my Valjoux 7750 watch is just as inaccurate. No, I am not contemplating a $700 service from Richemont.

Yeah, the mighty Mingzhou will always be fast or slow. Interestingly, my Valjoux 7750 watch is just as inaccurate. No, I am not contemplating a $700 service from Richemont.

It always tickles me when cheaper Asian movements run the same or better than European units. It drives the Europhiles nuts....lol

Had my other homage open for regulating so decided to snap a few. This looks like a Miyota of some sort. Note the two piece case back which is the same as the famous brand. Not sure if the insert is Titanium. Also shown is my case back tool and deluxe regulating tool...er...Dollar Tree eyeglass screwdriver.

rPTgjJ8.jpg

It always tickles me when cheaper Asian movements run the same or better than European units. It drives the Europhiles nuts....lol

Europhiles, lol. The mighty Mingzhou is still good to the minute after two days. I think with a little effort, it can be adjusted to 1 minute per week which is 10 seconds a day. Here is a close up of the Miyota.

1RonULd.jpg

Europhiles, lol. The mighty Mingzhou is still good to the minute after two days. I think with a little effort, it can be adjusted to 1 minute per week which is 10 seconds a day. Here is a close up of the Miyota.

1RonULd.jpg

Myotas are great movements, both auto and quartz. Citizen does a nice job with them.

Back
Top Bottom