What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Goodnight guys. Please if you haven't already check out this Pacific Stereo Vintage page. The quality of these restorations is unlike anything I've ever seen. Great reading.
http://pacificstereo.net/
Hey Engineer I took your Pacific Stereo tip and emailed them about repairing my Luxman.
They got right back to me and said the unit is very much worth repairing, but they are so busy that they only do full restores now and the turnaround time is..... wait for it.... up to 48 months..
Sadly, I had to thank them and decline as right now I certainly don;t have what I can only guess would be $7-900+ that a full rebuild would entail.... Maybe someday that will be worth it as in it's prime I would put it in the list of best ever sounding receivers, but not now on a working man's wages :oops:

Hey Engineer I took your Pacific Stereo tip and emailed them about repairing my Luxman.
They got right back to me and said the unit is very much worth repairing, but they are so busy that they only do full restores now and the turnaround time is..... wait for it.... up to 48 months..
Sadly, I had to thank them and decline as right now I certainly don;t have what I can only guess would be $7-900+ that a full rebuild would entail.... Maybe someday that will be worth it as in it's prime I would put it in the list of best ever sounding receivers, but not now on a working man's wages :oops:
Hey Bob, 48 months! Wow! Sounds like they need to expand their internal resources to meet market demand.

Think about it, 48 months is only FOUR years.

Last edited:
You keep waving (') in my face and it triggered me so here's a bit I posted to FB in April.
Every word is true.

View attachment 1354433

The above title shows a transpostrophe ()
The crux of the biscuit = (')
below shows a wild freeranging '

:dunno: What did I miss?

Also, I didn't realize you were in Taxachusetts. Howdy neighbor! :beerchug:

Back
Top Bottom