What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Here's what I have lined up for today, all on LP, at least to start:

1. Jon Hopkins ~ Singularity
2. U.S. Girls ~ In a Poem
3. Kacey Musgraves ~ Golden Hour
4. Kali Ucish ~ Isolation
5. The Internet ~ Hive Mind
6. Taylor Swift ~ Red

Today is music day over here also, my nephew is coming today, as much Rush-Pink Floyd as possible.....His day so his picks ( and i am all in )

Hey Engineer I took your Pacific Stereo tip and emailed them about repairing my Luxman.
They got right back to me and said the unit is very much worth repairing, but they are so busy that they only do full restores now and the turnaround time is..... wait for it.... up to 48 months..
Sadly, I had to thank them and decline as right now I certainly don;t have what I can only guess would be $7-900+ that a full rebuild would entail.... Maybe someday that will be worth it as in it's prime I would put it in the list of best ever sounding receivers, but not now on a working man's wages :oops:

I'm not surprised, these days the TOTL Pioneer, Sansui, and Marantz receivers are bringing in low mileage used car prices these days. I recently saw a dead mint Pioneer , I believe was a 1980 that was $9,500.00 dollars Buy It Now...with 30 plus watchers, nice receiver but that's a little stupid .....But by the time 48 months go by tastes may change, and those values might plummet, or who knows , maybe double.

Hey buddy, love to see some pics, I'm getting ready to restore a pair in a few weeks. I used to love the Advent ads in Stereo Review back then and the ones you have were usually the ones pictured.

I will do, sir. Keep in mind, mine have a few cosmetic flaws. I lost the metal Advent tags on the screens a while ago (!), and the cabinets have a nick or two around the corners. But they're solid.

Back
Top Bottom