The current state of men`s wardrobes

Here's Hickey Freeman's "traditional fit" for today. Maybe a bit slimmer than Dino's suit, but certainly form the same family as Peter Lawford's suit.

iu

The last time I wore a suit and tie was a couple of years ago when I received an award. Most of the time it's jeans and sweaters or flannel while it's cool, shorts and t-shirts once the academic year is over. Dress like this and when you go "business casual" people comment on how dressed up you are.

II'm retired and only wear a suit at weddings, funerals, and state occasions. The rest of the time it's jeans, polo, or flannel shirts and sneakers or boots. My last two suits were obtained from K & G Fashion Superstores Nothing fancy, but very reasonable.

But, for the holidays. I go all out,

christmas beard.jpg

Don't have a suit, usually bib overalls and T with obscure team game day football jersey.

I'm not even invited to my own funeral. It's a good thing though, I won't be around to attend.

Don't own a suit, right now. After losing 117 pounds a few years ago, my old ones did not fit quite right. I do have a couple of sportcoats that I typically wear with a nice pair of ironed jeans with ostrich boots. I absolutely will not ever wear anything khaki! My wife has bought me a couple pairs of khaki slacks over the years. Never wore them. I finally told her to stop.

I dress like a bum--I admit it--and don't care. I own a construction company and dress like a contractor. If its not work clothes, it is something else "comfortable"--sweats, shorts, jeans, and T-shirts. I own a bunch of suits, ties, blazers, slacks, and dress shirts, but only wear them when it is deemed "appropriate" or "necessary". I don't care what "YOU" think--I'll go to the grocery store in painter's whites with 17 different shades of paint on them. My work boots alone probably cost more than everything you are wearing (including that "knock-off" Prada bag and heels).

I just don't feel the need to "dress to impress" at this point in my life. I worked in the chemical/pharmaceutical industry for 12 years and practically lived in a suit and tie 24/7--not anymore. Those days are over.

I wear "natural" apparel--cotton, wool, leather and yes, even real fur (other than what just comes off my German Shepherd). I don't wear anything from those two famous designer sisters--Polly and Esther. Ralph Lauren and rebar don't seem to go well together. My favorite "designer" is Carhartt--followed by Dickies and Levi-Strauss. Red Wing's over Tony Romo's any day of the week. Just how I roll.

I do have "issues" with how people wear whatever they choose to wear. This "intentionally unkempt" look is IMO total BS. Get up, take a shower, put on clean clothes, and then do yourself up to look like you just rolled out of bed (or the gutter) after a 3-day "bender". Not a fan of that, but many apparently are.

I've worn a suit (Tux) once in my life, when I was best man at my buddies wedding. For pretty much all my life it's been jeans,T-shirt, and ball cap. Usually the shirt has got something to do with some car event but when it isn't I go for stupid shit. ;)42907319_329493104452404_7257028892261613568_n.jpg

I'll try a suit when women start wearing dresses again, otherwise I'll continue to wear shorts and t's.

Back
Top Bottom