Guitar serial numbers

leftyspike

AK Member
Hey all......does anyone know of a site where i can decipher some serial numbers on a few guitars.....trying to find what years these 5 guitars we discovered while going thru my brother in laws house.....i knew he played but was unaware just how involved he was musically.

Hey all......does anyone know of a site where i can decipher some serial numbers on a few guitars.....trying to find what years these 5 guitars we discovered while going thru my brother in laws house.....i knew he played but was unaware just how involved he was musically.

What make(s) & models are the geetars?

well come to find out he was in a band that performed here locally in the 70's. there is an ovation 6 string, a sigma 12 string, a Cromwell that was his grand fathers, an electric bass, a Gibson sg, marshall stack, and a domino head and speaker......and that is just from his bedroom. we haven't gotten into his other bedroom or in the family room, just too much stuff so we are going room by room...….lol

I got dibs! (on what you don't want) :D check the basement and attic, too.
Don't think any issue finding the ciphers per suggested age.

well come to find out he was in a band that performed here locally in the 70's. there is an ovation 6 string, a sigma 12 string, a Cromwell that was his grand fathers, an electric bass, a Gibson sg, marshall stack, and a domino head and speaker......and that is just from his bedroom. we haven't gotten into his other bedroom or in the family room, just too much stuff so we are going room by room...….lol

If you can pull serial Ns from the SG and Marshall, I can assist you w/ those. I don't Ovation, Cromwell, Domino, or Sigma among my documentation.

What make/model is the electric bass? If it's Gibson, Fender, or Ric I can (again) assist you.

^^^ re: the electric bass -- can also help ID year of manufacture if it's Guild or Epiphone.

looked at the bass this weekend and it's a hagstrom…..the sg is from 70-72 from what I have found......haven't been able to look at the marshall yet still buried amongst an ever growing mound of tools......lol....the Cromwell is posing to be a mystery I know that Gibson issued them in the 30's and 40's but with block lettering and this one is in script so the search continues on this one. the really fun thing to realize in all this is all his equipment is pristine sans a little dust. all the guitars were in hard cases and look like they were just purchased but his sister remembers watching him onstage playing all of them at one time or another.

looked at the bass this weekend and it's a hagstrom…..the sg is from 70-72 from what I have found......haven't been able to look at the marshall yet still buried amongst an ever growing mound of tools......lol....the Cromwell is posing to be a mystery I know that Gibson issued them in the 30's and 40's but with block lettering and this one is in script so the search continues on this one. the really fun thing to realize in all this is all his equipment is pristine sans a little dust. all the guitars were in hard cases and look like they were just purchased but his sister remembers watching him onstage playing all of them at one time or another.

Nice stash. If you are so inclined, please post a few pix of the Cromwell, maybe the folks who hang around @ this forum will be able offer more assistance if they can see the build, appointments, marking(s), etc., of that geetar.

Back
Top Bottom