Your Last Concert (or two)

We were lucky enough to go see Jason Bonhams Led Zeppelin Evening at the stunning Louisville Palace Theater on December 4th. What a show!! It was amazing in every way and I mean fabulous. It was an amazing night and the band was so great. The singer was in a class all to himself, he BECAME Robert Plant for 2 and a half hours. It sounded exactly like him, down to every subtle nuance,growl and howl. Close your eyes and listen, (which I did many times) and you were at a Zeppelin concert.

December 17, 2018, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

94/7 concert for kids!

The Interrupters

They will be part of a 3 act December To Remember show tomorrow night at the ballroom also. I will be at another McMenamins venue.

December 20, 2018, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

EDM night.

Duskus
Eastghost
Taska Black
San Holo

Last show at this venue until next year. Happy Holidays all you concert folk!

December 30, 2018, McMenamins Mission Theater, Portland OR

Garcia Birthday Band - Acoustic matinee show, part of a two night New Years Even run. Two sets. Not sold out.

07 Dec, at the Moore Theater in Seattle, Rosanne Cash. Everything about this show was good, excepting parking. But even that wasn't bad...it was only expensive. An added bonus was getting my ticket at will-call to be told "your seat has been upgraded, enjoy the show!" So I ended up sitting about 5 rows from the front instead of somewhere in the balcony.

December 31, 2018, McMenamins Mission Theater, Portland OR

Garcia Birthday Band - Two sets. Sold out.

Total events for 2018 is 213. Happy New Year!

We were lucky enough to go see Jason Bonhams Led Zeppelin Evening at the stunning Louisville Palace Theater on December 4th.

They were on a double bill with Heart a few years ago. Before Heart was a group the Wilson sisters were in a Led Zeppelin tribute band. Each group did their own set and then they got together for a six song encore of Zep tunes. One of the best shows I have seen in my life. My co-workers were laughing and saying they thought my head was going to fall off I was rocking so hard.

January 4, 2019, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

The Hugs
Calpurnia

Happy New Year to all. Slow start in January. I ended up doing 213 events last year for McMenamins. My first full year of working for them. It's been a blast.

January 10, 2019, McMenamins Mission Theater, Portland OR

Pretty Gritty
Crystal Lariza and Corner - CD release party for Where You Are.

January 11, 2019, McMenamins Mission Theater, Portland OR

The Yachtsmen
Paul Creighton Project

Both with The Soul Vaccination Horns. Sold Out.

January 12, 2019, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom (Lola's Room), Portland OR

Aja (no not the one we know and love, a young female singer!)
Elle Winter
4th Ave - Initiation Tour 2.0

A nice PM show. I was home before 6.

January 17, 2019, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

Vincent Neal Emerson (don't know them at all, great band from TX)
Colter Wall - Sold Out (so far best show of 2019, and his first this year)

January 19, 2019, McMenamins Mission Theater, Portland OR

Pink Elephant Cabaret

Something different. A co-worker is the lead singer for Scarlett Siren & The Tramps the backing band.

Last edited:
Please post the shows you go to. I work a lot and am not trying to out do anyone here.
Ok, ok. December:

12/3 Wayne Horowitz Trio, Hallwalls, Buffalo, NY
12/4 Reverend Horton Heat, Big Sandy, Junior Brown & The Blasters, Tralf Music Hall, Buffalo, NY
12/9 Jazz is PHSH, Buffalo Iron Works, Buffalo, NY
12/28 Phish, Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
12/29 Phish, Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
12/30 They Might Be Giants, Daryl’s House, Pawling, NY
12/31 The New Mastersounds with Robert Walter, Gramercy Theatre, New York, NY

January is quiet, but lots coming up starting next month.

Alejandro Escovedo. 2019-01-18, City Winery, NYC. Backed by Don Antonio, a sizzling Italian band he acquired while touring Europe. Sounds weird, worked great.

Great acoustics at City Winery which has unfortunately lost its lease and will be moving later this year.

Back
Top Bottom