Built some stands with spikes. Amazing how different the sound is! Cost: $50 and an afternoon!

My buddy gave me a hand setting this up!

Only cost about 50 bucks for materials including paint and brushes.

Really pleased with how they turned out!

View attachment 1358608 View attachment 1358609
Yeah I help us with some more details..

And I see your new member. .
And I'm wondering where you're from in the world are you in the United States if so what state do you reside in?

I'm from Michigan

According to your profile you were born September 19th 1990
That was an important day in my life

Hey I could be totally wrong here because I have never had any social media. But that looks like Bowers and Wilkins gear. All I’m saying it’s a Klipsch forum and they might prefer that even more enjoy it even more in a Bowers and welcomes Wilkins forum. :) Not trolling (I don’t think so at least.

Hey I could be totally wrong here because I have never had any social media. But that looks like Bowers and Wilkins gear. All I’m saying it’s a Klipsch forum and they might prefer that even more enjoy it even more in a Bowers and welcomes Wilkins forum. :) Not trolling (I don’t think so at least.
It's Klipsch KG4s. I have the original NAD Power envelope that was bought for these speakers as well.

What do spikes do for sound improvement? What differences do you notice? This completely eludes me.

How they work is beyond me... I'm guessing less contact with the floor means less vibration is absorbed?

For me the bass is much less oppressive (read: room shaking) and has more attack. The whole Soundstage is more transparent and feels wider.

Yeah I help us with some more details..

And I see your new member. .
And I'm wondering where you're from in the world are you in the United States if so what state do you reside in?

I'm from Michigan

According to your profile you were born September 19th 1990
That was an important day in my life

Currently in Texas but not for long.

How they work is beyond me... I'm guessing less contact with the floor means less vibration is absorbed?

For me the bass is much less oppressive (read: room shaking) and has more attack. The whole Soundstage is more transparent and feels wider.

I've wondered that myself. I speculate the spike provides a better "anchor" for the speaker system, canceling losses and image smear due to speaker vibration. There's an argument that spikes only couple the vibrations to the floor and isolation serves the purpose better, but I think isolation will still allow the cabinet to vibrate. Example: a speaker with rubber feet on a granite base on the same carpet compared to using spikes. Unless there's a lot of mass the speaker can still vibrate.

Now, I am certainly no expert with golden ears, but when my stereo is playing at ear-splitting levels, I cannot feel any vibrations through the wood of the cabinets. Nor do I hear anything that I would attribute to same. Personally, and this is just ME, it seems like (dang, I am probably going to offend someone when I say this) snake oil.

Of course, my speaker stands are old plastic milk crates that are only there to keep them off of the concrete floor. The basement is not the ideal listening room, for sure.

Back
Top Bottom