Kenwood Owners Show Us Your Kenwoods!

KENWOOD KA-8300 and KENWOOD KT-8300. given to me FREE by a guy I met at a thrift shop. He said he got them free from a friend who does recycling....said he had too much electronics already and his wife would kill him if he brought more electronics in the house. I could not believe it when he pulled these out from the back of his van...

With Rack Handles to Boot

There is my Kenwood KR 9000 GX!

This thing is so sick. I have a dual usb cube in one of the switched outlets with the iPod docking chord and an unused TiVo fan that I wired into an old usb chord to help pull away the heat from the vent. Great tuner, great sound, and a great looker.

Plus the timer works. I have it placed into reset.

Attachments

• D338569D-20D9-410E-A201-0EDBB8F06AD8.jpeg
    D338569D-20D9-410E-A201-0EDBB8F06AD8.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 55261094-DADE-46D4-8E16-098E824E4061.jpeg
    55261094-DADE-46D4-8E16-098E824E4061.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 50
Recently picked up my first Kenwood amp, the KA-7300. It’s very enjoyable to listen to and I would buy it agin for sure!

Needs handles lol. Just kidding, but if interested they're the D7, but be forewarned they're not cheap. You made a good choice, the KA7300 really is a schveet amplifier.

20181124_095727.jpg

In case you haven't seen the clean architectural layout inside of this true dual mono amp.

ka7300_2.jpg

Last edited:
Phono 1 Impedance button is missing from bottom right on the faceplate!!!
Phono 2 Gain and Mode buttons should be near to the Loudness button...

What's happening?????
No, what you see in that respect is perfectly normal for a Model 500. What you are describing is a Model 600.

The difference (drum roll please) is the knobs are from a KR-9600 receiver (with the exception of the volume knob). I'm surprised no one caught it. You'll have to ask @gort69 how he got knobs meant for knurled shafts to fit/work on plain shafts.

The bass/treble knobs are 9600 volume knobs, which are set-screw type as original. The Phono 2 Gain knob is a 9600 sound injection knob which is also set-screw type. Speakers, Input, Loudness and Mode are 9600 Speaker/Selector knobs, which were "modified" by drilling the plastic splined insert with a 15/64" bit and pushing them on for a very tight fit. It took knobs from two 9600s to do this, but I had them in a drawer. They are acceptable place-holders until the real deal shows up, which might be never.

A Model 500 with correct knobs for reference

IMG_0552.JPG

This one came advertised as "no sound" minus most knobs and the top cover. I "fixed" it by putting a knob on speaker select and turning it to "A". The amp works flawlessly.

1.jpg

The bass/treble knobs are 9600 volume knobs, which are set-screw type as original. The Phono 2 Gain knob is a 9600 sound injection knob which is also set-screw type. Speakers, Input, Loudness and Mode are 9600 Speaker/Selector knobs, which were "modified" by drilling the plastic splined insert with a 15/64" bit and pushing them on for a very tight fit. It took knobs from two 9600s to do this, but I had them in a drawer. They are acceptable place-holders until the real deal shows up, which might be never.

A Model 500 with correct knobs for reference

View attachment 1383639

This one came advertised as "no sound" minus most knobs and the top cover. I "fixed" it by putting a knob on speaker select and turning it to "A". The amp works flawlessly.

View attachment 1383642
That's awesome.

I just picked up this nice KR-6330 receiver on craigslist. From the original owner. For the price of a couple of large pizzas. It was very well cared for and has the wood case in excellent condition. The seller mentioned that he bought it overseas and that it still has the 220 volt plug on it. I then said that I had seen this model with the grey face in the audio club on the base back in the late 70's. It turned out that he was stationed at R.A.F. Mildenhall in England and bought the receiver at the Audio Club on R.A.F. Lakenheath where we were stationed. The bases are only a couple of miles apart and we were both living there at the same time in the mid-late 70's. He also provided me with the manual,warranty card and sales material. Small world….wowKR-6330.jpgKR--6330.jpgKR -6330.jpgKR 6330 Lit.jpg

I just picked up this nice KR-6330 receiver on craigslist. From the original owner. For the price of a couple of large pizzas. It was very well cared for and has the wood case in excellent condition. The seller mentioned that he bought it overseas and that it still has the 220 volt plug on it. I then said that I had seen this model with the grey face in the audio club on the base back in the late 70's. It turned out that he was stationed at R.A.F. Mildenhall in England and bought the receiver at the Audio Club on R.A.F. Lakenheath where we were stationed. The bases are only a couple of miles apart and we were both living there at the same time in the mid-late 70's. He also provided me with the manual,warranty card and sales material. Small world….wowView attachment 1385687View attachment 1385691View attachment 1385697View attachment 1385709

Great story!

Back
Top Bottom