Went to the local weed shop & was blown away by the choices!

Exactly. There's only one person on here abusing drugs. And that's the one that smokes 40 a day.
13Qg.gif

I then went on and spoke in reality looking from the other side of the fence. Showing I'v been on both sides and really do know a lot about why people use. If a person feels the need to use the reasoning is the same as a person that has full blown physical addiction. One thing the other side of the fence shows you is seeing the justification and denial someone using has. We can even see that in some of the comments I have received in this thread.
I understand your way of thinking and certainly someone who is an addict or alcoholic is in danger of relapsing into their former state if they use any mind altering substance and no doubt there is plenty of denial and justification by an addict in the throes of addiction but the overwhelming majority of people who use Alcohol or Marijuana are not addicted to it and in fact where Marijuana is legal, death from opioid use is 25% lower on average then before it becoming legal so it is actually saving lives.

In my humble opinion an addict is someone who is not in control of the drug they are using and in fact the drug controls them and their lives have became unmanageable as a result of it's use.

If you use Alcohol or Marijuana in moderation and its use is not affecting your life in a negative way then I see no harm in it's use but like any other mind altering substance there will be some who will abuse it if you are one that is abusing it then you need to seek help or if you have an addictive personality then it is likely best to avoid it's use completely.

I have used weed for over 40 years but have never felt the need to have it and there have been years where I did not use it at all even today I might use it twice a month when I run out of my Zofran for nausea. If you have ever been sick to your stomach for weeks on end feeling like puking at any moment 24/7 not eating much if anything, losing weight knowing full well that if you don't eat it is making your diabetes worse then discovered that by taking 2 puffs off a joint or vape pen it goes away allowing me to be far more functional then I was I am all for it. If that use makes me an addict then so be it.

Regards Snow

Last edited:
As this is a music forum... are there particular strains preferred for different types of music? I've mentioned some of the sativas, and I find these are good for rock music and heavier electronic music. If I vape an indica, then I'm more inclined to prefer slower music.

Yes, there's the medical side of marijuana and also the recreational. The medical side could be far, far bigger than the recreational side in the future. Now it's legal, it will be much easier to research.

As this is a music forum... are there particular strains preferred for different types of music? I've mentioned some of the sativas, and I find these are good for rock music and heavier electronic music. If I vape an indica, then I'm more inclined to prefer slower music.

Yes, there's the medical side of marijuana and also the recreational. The medical side could be far, far bigger than the recreational side in the future. Now it's legal, it will be much easier to research.
http://www.thefader.com/2015/04/23/the-best-weed-strains-for-every-mood

Exactly. There's only one person on here abusing drugs. And that's the one that smokes 40 a day.

I wonder how many smoke 12 bowls a day, vape or drink a six pack + a day, a few cigars with wine, what would be the difference ?

Supposed to be a free country, but far from it when views are so one sided. Freedom of choice. Nannies were busting whisky barrels not to many years ago.

no doubt there is plenty of denial and justification by an addict in the throes of addiction
And clearly in this thread I see denial, justification and glorifying. Sorry but I have a great many years under my belt in behavior modification and can recognize behavior associated with drug and alcohol use as well as addictive behavior. Their is always a reason one reaches for and uses drugs or alcohol for recreation. I don't even know why they would even call it recreation as it's suppression of the real life. But the learned behavior and need is their at any level of use. Quantity or type of feel good doesn't matter nor does a physical dependance of a substance. The fact one reaches for something in the fist place is a clear indication that runs through every level of addiction

Anyway there is a saying "If it don't apply let it fly". I only put down my life and how I benefited from not using anymore for others to think about. That said I see a couple reactions to that post here, that leads me to believe I struck a nerve and close to home for others with my little story of myself.

Your world isn't threaten nor is mine, it's just I can admit I have used and quit knowing all it's faults as well as mine.

Last edited:
@4-2-7 you seem to think that cigarettes aren't a drug? 3 times an hour(!) you attempt to suppress real life by smoking. I honestly don't mind you disliking cannabis or people who consume it, but coming on here to criticize it is extremely hypocritical.

I'm about to pour myself a large scotch (Macallan 15), then have an early night and go skiing tomorrow (I'm definitely a ski addict!). Then in the evening a glass of red wine with my dinner, and then a vape and movie with the wife.

@4-2-7 I know you're not a bad guy, and I wish you all the best over the holidays. Online often isn't the best format for debates, and I'd be happy to share a coffee with you anytime to continue our discussion :)

And clearly in this thread I see denial, justification and glorifying. Sorry but I have a great many years under my belt in behavior modification and can recognize behavior associated with drug and alcohol use as well as addictive behavior. Their is always a reason one reaches for and uses drugs or alcohol for recreation. I don't even know why they would even call it recreation as it's suppression of the real life. But the learned behavior and need is their at any level of use. Quantity or type of feel good doesn't matter nor does a physical dependance of a substance. The fact one reaches for something in the fist place is a clear indication that runs through every level of addiction

Anyway there is a saying "If it don't apply let it fly". I only put down my life and how I benefited from not using anymore for others to think about. That said I see a couple reactions to that post here, that leads me to believe I struck a nerve and close to home for others with my little story of myself.

Your world isn't threaten nor is mine, it's just I can admit I have used and quit knowing all it's faults as well as mine.
l don't think we can have a rational logical discussion about this subject you are very set in your beliefs and so am I and obviously what you are doing is working very well for you and if you want to give up the smokes give it a go you have all'ready proved to yourself you have what it takes to kick an addiction.I wish you the best over the holidays :)

Regards Snow

Last edited:
To the original spirit of this post, it really is amazing that cannabis is legal in so many states, and is available in such variety in actual stores. I never thought back in college that this would happen in my lifetime. I haven't actually been to a dispensary yet, as we haven't gotten quite that far in our state, although we are legal to grow and possess. I am interested to head down to my home state of Massachusetts and check out their stores.

I was thinking recently about how different these shops are to how we used to get our herb.("herb" I think is my favorite name for it, although I always used to call it pot) They are much more like a wine shop, or craft beer store. Can you imagine if we acquired alcohol in the way we used to have to get herb? Some guy in his messy apartment or dorm room, selling warm flat beer in plastic bottles, with no label, and no idea where it came from? Hmmm...

I am not going to wade into the debate that has creeped into this thread. I already did that recently in a similar thread about weed, and nothing was gained. I will say this though, I think everyone benefits when no one tries to put their beliefs on anyone else, or judges them for having a different outlook on life. Doing that is pretty much at the center of every conflict and war in human history. We're all different. Get over it.

To the original spirit of this post, it really is amazing that cannabis is legal in so many states, and is available in such variety in actual stores. I never thought back in college that this would happen in my lifetime. I haven't actually been to a dispensary yet, as we haven't gotten quite that far in our state, although we are legal to grow and possess. I am interested to head down to my home state of Massachusetts and check out their stores.

I was thinking recently about how different these shops are to how we used to get our herb.("herb" I think is my favorite name for it, although I always used to call it pot) They are much more like a wine shop, or craft beer store. Can you imagine if we acquired alcohol in the way we used to have to get herb? Some guy in his messy apartment or dorm room, selling warm flat beer in plastic bottles, with no label, and no idea where it came from? Hmmm...

I am not going to wade into the debate that has creeped into this thread. I already did that recently in a similar thread about weed, and nothing was gained. I will say this though, I think everyone benefits when no one tries to put their beliefs on anyone else, or judges them for having a different outlook on life. Doing that is pretty much at the center of every conflict and war in human history. We're all different. Get over it.

I couldn't have stated my view as well as this. Live and let live is the bottom line. Everyone has some "vice". If you have no vices. . . Well, that seem's kind of boring.

-Dave

They are much more like a wine shop, or craft beer store. Can you imagine if we acquired alcohol in the way we used to have to get herb? Some guy in his messy apartment or dorm room, selling warm flat beer in plastic bottles, with no label, and no idea where it came from? Hmmm...
Cannabis is a very flavorful plant when done right . Vaping makes that even more obvious than smoking. My favorite was almost pure strawberry with a touch of cotton candy. It was so good cotton mouth never happened because the after taste kept your mouth watering for twenty minutes. Chocolate Trip x Sour Diesel offspring.
Flavor is a common discussion topic. Wine snobs have nothing on pot snobs. Nutrients, flavors, lighting, aging, aroma, soil,insect problems. All common topics of discussion so heated you'd think they were talking interconnects.

I can't wait for it to become legal here, but have a feeling it will be a while. I'm tired of dealing with the system trying to keep prescriptions they make more difficult everyday by calling them addictive or controlled substances. (Are people addicted to high blood pressure meds or insulin because they need them everyday to live) Treating you like criminals because you take them. Pee in the cup, pay the lab, only give you 30 at a time.

I'll gladly start chewing gummy bears from the store down the street behind the counter. Then they'll stop that because of high dental bills and obesity.

Imo, the best part of legalization is the expunging of police records for marijuana related offenses.
I've no real figures, but I can only think this must affect millions of people.

As they used to say in the old days, the most dangerous aspect of pot is getting caught with it.

Imo, the best part of legalization is the expunging of police records for marijuana related offenses.
I've no real figures, but I can only think this must affect millions of people.

As they used to say in the old days, the most dangerous aspect of pot is getting caught with it.
That's only where it's happening. It doesn't occur everywhere.

Marijuana stocks hammered this year, but the good news keeps coming out. Might be a time to pick some up. Anyone invest in any of the marijuana stocks? I have a few Canadian and a few US ones that trade on Canadian exchanges.
I have considered it, but the stock market was overinflated so I stayed away. But seeing that I have a contrarian streak, and some of the pundits were saying the MJ stocks were a bad investment, that tempts me to research a few that might be a good bet. My buddy makes his living off of investing, so I'd probably check with him before doing something stupid, which I've been known to do. :D

I think the potential for the medical side is huge:
Indeed. I've read about the autism, the cancer relief, stomach ailments, you name it. Even if it's not a cure, I have read of some people being able to stop prescription opiate usage by using cannabis, and I see that as a huge plus. (The big pharma companies of course will try to downplay it since this cuts into their profits; it would not surprise me if the pharma lobbyists are really the ones holding it up in the US for federal legalization.)

I figure that the Native Americans are known to have used it for centuries as a natural healer, so what's to lose in trying it? Seeing my mother suffer from cancer three times, if it would have eased her suffering, she probably would have considered it over 25 years ago when she was still around.

Back
Top Bottom