Klipsch speaker ID

dwaller131

I have no affiliation with this sale, but I am trying to figure out if they are selling Klipsch speakers. Here's a link to the sale: (I originally posted this info in the Dollars and Sense forum, but wanted to post here also to get definite info on the speakers).

Looks like they have 2, maybe 3 pair. Heres a screenshot of one of them:
Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 8.19.57 AM.png

Are these Klipsch? I'm not sure because I can't find another Klipsch speaker in my Google searches with the logo at the bottom corner of the grille. Just trying to get the right info .

Last edited:
(I originally posted this info in the Dollars and Sense forum, but wanted to post here also to get definite info on the speakers).

Remove the link to the sale. It's not allowed in forums other than Dollars and Sense.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
There’s another shot of these speakers which shows the cabinets in the rear better. Viewed upside down you can clearly see Klipsch on the grill of what might be some version of Hereseys. I’m very uncertain what the speaker in the foreground is. Doesn’t look like any Klipsch with which I’m familiar. Hope this helps. Those folks had a lot of stuff!

I spent about 30 minutes searching and searching and could not find ONE Klipsch speaker that had that type of cabinet or the nameplate in the bottom corner of the grille. I'm guessing maybe these are just oddballs that weren't big sellers.

I can't tell from your photo but it almost looks like Heresy Professionals that someone made a custom cabinet for perhaps in hopes of more bass...

Bill

Need more pictures. Nothing came from the factory looking like that to the best of my knowledge. Agree with above post possibly different cabinet

if you mean the photo in your Avatar...the D should mean 1965...yours appear to be H-12...why did you ask this in someone else's thread???...you'll get more and more accurate responses from your own thread and some photos of the actual speakers...good luck

Bill

15455347937643599902787365480372.jpg
if you mean the photo in your Avatar...the D should mean 1965...yours appear to be H-12...why did you ask this in someone else's thread???...you'll get more and more accurate responses from your own thread and some photos of the actual speakers...good luck

Bill
Thanks I'm new at this trying to figure it out

Bill
What does the H 12 mean?

H is Heresy (before they officially were called Heresy I think or at least printed Heresy on the label) and the 12 means the woofer...if you remove the backs of your speaker cabinet, you will be able to tell what compliment of actual speakers are used (each will have a code/name on them)...if you decide to update the crossovers with a kit or have Bob Crites ( https://critesspeakers.com/crossovers.html ) I think he will need to know that you have these early model Heresys...

How do the sound to you???

Bill

H is Heresy (before they officially were called Heresy I think or at least printed Heresy on the label) and the 12 means the woofer...if you remove the backs of your speaker cabinet, you will be able to tell what compliment of actual speakers are used (each will have a code/name on them)...if you decide to update the crossovers with a kit or have Bob Crites ( https://critesspeakers.com/crossovers.html ) I think he will need to know that you have these early model Heresys...

Bill
I love them , they sound good for being 53 years old.

Bill

glad to read you are enjoying these...I just listened to some Diana Krall Christmas music on my Heresys...my Heresys are in a home theater set up but I can still listen to some 2 channel through the system with analog connections for that purpose...

on the Home Theater set up and listening digitally 2 channel can sound a touch too sharp for me but analog 2 channel all that goes away and I'm left sharing my early Christmas morning with Diana Krall...hey, there are worse ways to spend a morning, right??? :music:

Bill

from your photo I can't tell what components your have but they should all be pretty similar up until 1980 something when the Heresy lls were introduced (I personally prefer the regular Heresys to the ll versions)...yours may be Alnico versions but that is out of my depth as mine don't have those...plenty here should pipe up and give you some information...

clean out the cobwebs and check that the backs are tight when you close 'em up (but don't over tighten the screws)...there is a rubber gasket between the mid horn and the driver (the thing on the back of the horn) that looks similar to a garden hose gasket...it may be rock hard and old on yours and is also an easy "fix" should you be so inclined...

Bill

K-77 Tweeter?
K-55 Squawker???
K-22 Woofer?

the letters after the above model may tell who made them...K-77EV, may be Electro Voice, K-55E may be Eminence etc...

Bill

Back
Top Bottom