NuForce STA 200 Power Amplifier

Been looking at this too. Hundo off regular price and seems to be very well-regarded. Picked up a Modwright 9.0SE pre recently and the previous owner was using it with a STA 200. There's also the Nuprime STA 9 that I find interesting. More power but more expensive by a couple hundred.

Been looking at this too. Hundo off regular price and seems to be very well-regarded. Picked up a Modwright 9.0SE pre recently and the previous owner was using it with a STA 200. There's also the Nuprime STA 9 that I find interesting. More power but more expensive by a couple hundred.

What did he think of it?

What did he think of it?
He seemed to be pretty happy with it, though we talked more about the preamp than his Nuforce amp. After picking up the Modwright I now see the light with regard to nice pre's. Kept wondering what all the fuss is about. I have to say it has been the piece that has made the biggest difference for me so far. YMMV.

Just for S's & G's, I hooked up an Allo Volt+ board that I've had around but never got around to playing with. Using a linear regulated power supply with it. I am now putting serious thought to selling off my two favorite amps (Pass F5 clone and RH Universal-based SEP). Have had the Modwright/Volt+ set up as my primary for the past couple weeks and I just don't feel like I'm missing out on very much by subbing the Volt+ in for the F5 or SEP amp.

Last edited:
He seemed to be pretty happy with it, though we talked more about the preamp than his Nuforce amp. After picking up the Modwright I now see the light with regard to nice pre's. Kept wondering what all the fuss is about. I have to say it has been the piece that has made the biggest difference for me so far. YMMV.

Just for S's & G's, I hooked up an Allo Volt+ board that I've had around but never got around to playing with. Using a linear regulated power supply with it. I am now putting serious thought to selling off my two favorite amps (Pass F5 clone and RH Universal-based SEP). Have had the Modwright/Volt+ set up as my primary for the past couple weeks and I just don't feel like I'm missing out on very much by subbing the Volt+ in for the F5 or SEP amp.

Wow. Thats impressive. Everytime I sit down and listen to music with my Allo Volt+, I say to myself, can it get any better???

What Modright are you running with it and what linear power supply?

Wow. Thats impressive. Everytime I sit down and listen to music with my Allo Volt+, I say to myself, can it get any better???
While the sound signatures of the three amps are somewhat different, satisfaction-wise it's pretty dang close. The F5 and SEP amp were kind of milestone upgrades for me so it's hard to let them go. But it feels kinda goofy to hang on to them when I have the Volt+ for like $80 all in. Then I could use the dough from selling the other amps toward our home improvement fund.

And would it hurt anything or make a difference if I went with the 5 or 6 amp version of this Pyramid?

While the sound signatures of the three amps are somewhat different, satisfaction-wise it's pretty dang close. The F5 and SEP amp were kind of milestone upgrades for me so it's hard to let them go. But it feels kinda goofy to hang on to them when I have the Volt+ for like $80 all in. Then I could use the dough from selling the other amps toward our home improvement fund.

So are you going to save the money and stick with your Allo? I have $500 burning a hole in my pocket and really want to play with this STA 200 but if the Allo’s are that good, which I am listening to mine as I type and it is, would you think it would be a waste to spend it on this STA 200? Also looking into a $1000 set amp. I am wondering about diminishing returns. I should Buy the Allo Volt+D the linear power supplies and still have money left over.

Looking forward to your impression of it. Sounds like the demo model was already scooped up?

Nah but for only $100, I would rather have brand new.
But it has shipped so should be here Sat or Sunday! It's going to be a GREAT weekend!

If it was like half price then I would take it but I usually like my gear brand new or refurbished.

FWIW... AA's Demo stuff are A-OK... Not a return product

Over the years friends and family have been happy with their Demos

Back
Top Bottom