I Regressed And Bought A New Watch

The "Batman" came in yesterday. Click on photo for full size image.

UEayQV3.jpg

Does anyone know how to soften up the leather bands on new watches? I have a few that I've gotten this year that the bands are on the stiff side and I was wondering if there's something that could limber them up a bit?

Does anyone know how to soften up the leather bands on new watches? I have a few that I've gotten this year that the bands are on the stiff side and I was wondering if there's something that could limber them up a bit?

Wearing them works great, this way they form to your rist.

I was looking for a shortcut. The leather banded ones are dressier and don't get a lot of wrist time.

I hit the lottery this year for work Secret Santa. A leather lined glass topped display case for watches with my initials and last name engraved in the glass. I put all my watches in it last night to show the guy who got it for me. It’s a winner.

47BCF7E0-0171-46B2-AD85-4C4E515395BD.jpeg

I hit the lottery this year for work Secret Santa. A leather lined glass topped display case for watches with my initials and last name engraved in the glass. I put all my watches in it last night to show the guy who got it for me. It’s a winner.

View attachment 1366544

Sweet! Unlike socks and sweaters, exactly what you need.

I've been looking at display boxes but they are only 1.75 inches wide per bay so no good for today's big watches. Even my new to me Invicta box is barely big enough.

Sweet! Unlike socks and sweaters, exactly what you need.

I've been looking at display boxes but they are only 1.75 inches wide per bay so no good for today's big watches. Even my new to me Invicta box is barely big enough.
That’s odd. Fashion watching are driving the market right now and acting like a gateway to get people into the hobby. And watches like mvmt and Vincero are BIG.

I’ve been wearing a 34mm vintage Timex Mercury a lot lately and I really think I prefer smaller sizes.

Saddlesoap. Stuff works great for baseball gloves. There are a number of other oils/waxes for making leather supple. Try a search.

You guys are a bad/good influence. Christmas Day sale. Saved $120. Solar powered. I have to go diving, now.

View attachment 1366688

A Seiko would solve all my time keeping needs but then... Where's the challenge of setting the time in a quartz once a year? Or opening the back to change the battery every two years?

I had my Mingzhou open again to speed it up a little. This one has taken six openings to get it close. It's maddening and fun at the same time.

A Seiko would solve all my time keeping needs but then... Where's the challenge of setting the time in a quartz once a year? Or opening the back to change the battery every two years?

I had my Mingzhou open again to speed it up a little. This one has taken six openings to get it close. It's maddening and fun at the same time.

I've never had a solar before this one. I'll be interested to know how long the re-chargeable manganese titanium-lithium battery lasts.

Back
Top Bottom