What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

You were pulling over out of the fast lane over to let people by, right?

I’m one of the 10 ppl in line, going much slower than we’d like, waiting on the slower vehicle above to get around an even slower vehicle in the RH lane ahead. Yeah, I’m going to pull over to let the other 10 behind me around that are wanting to do the same as I.
Really? Lol

I’m one of the 10 ppl in line, going much slower than we’d like, waiting on the slower vehicle above to get around an even slower vehicle in the RH lane ahead. Yeah, I’m going to pull over to let the other 10 behind me around that are wanting to do the same as I.
Really? Lol
Quite true ... if everybody paid attention to the "Slower Traffic Keep Right" signs, freeway traffic would run slick as shit through a goose, but all it takes is one slow-witted meathead hogging up the fast lane to thoroughly gum up the works.

Quite true ... if everybody paid attention to the "Slower Traffic Keep Right" signs, freeway traffic would run slick as shit through a goose, but all it takes is one slow-witted meathead hogging up the fast lane to thoroughly gum up the works.
Is this a problem in Europe, or is it another ignorant American thing? I don't recall seeing it much or not at all in Germany, England or France.

I also know thet you'll learn really quickly and harshly about it on the Autobahn from other drivers or law enforcement.

Is this a problem in Europe, or is it another ignorant American thing? I don't recall seeing it much or not at all in Germany, England or France.

I also know thet you'll learn really quickly and harshly about it on the Autobahn from other drivers or law enforcement.

So I`ve heard, though never been on the Germany Autobahn. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure if it's ignorant or just plain unaware.....
It happens a lot in Canada as well - one thing we do share with our American neighbours.

"5 delicious cookies to gift, eat and enjoy"

What ever happened to "give"? "Gift" is a cold and ugly verb. I think this started with lawyers and CPAs doing tax planning: "I can get a tax deduction if I gift this money to my children."

Since we've moved on to language.... incorrect use of the word "impact": in almost all cases, impact needs to be followed by upon , otherwise the meaning is significantly changed. News readers don't seen to understand this change of meaning.

Both of the above commenters seem to be perturbed about the same thing, and it's something that bugs me too -- namely the rampant repurposing of nouns as verbs. The problem has reached epidemic proportions and something must be done!

"5 delicious cookies to gift, eat and enjoy"

What ever happened to "give"? "Gift" is a cold and ugly verb. I think this started with lawyers and CPAs doing tax planning: "I can get a tax deduction if I gift this money to my children."
Whenever I encounter that usage, I stop reading whatever it is. And move on.

Both of the above commenters seem to be perturbed about the same thing, and it's something that bugs me too -- namely the rampant repurposing of nouns as verbs. The problem has reached epidemic proportions and something must be done!
. I agree, and I am happy to see that you did not say that something needs done! ACK!

screaming neocons
giphy.gif

I know it´s been posted here before, but, there, their and they´re.

If used incorrectly, the sentence just doesn´t make sense, and I will usually stop reading.

I know no one is perfect, and I make my share of mistakes too, but please, at least try to use the right words!

Back
Top Bottom