I Regressed And Bought A New Watch

Good to know, thanks!

Also a few hours in bright sunshine will charge it for months. Any kind of light will work but sunshine does it much faster. I bought my wife a Citizen Eco Drive for Christmas. Her problem is that she has over 40 watches that she wears so it does not get worn much. So what I did today is take on of my re chargeable LED flashlights and drained to batteries worth of light into the Eco Drive to get it charged up for a few months.

20181226_141636.jpg 20181226_141739.jpg

A Seiko would solve all my time keeping needs but then... Where's the challenge of setting the time in a quartz once a year? Or opening the back to change the battery every two years?

I had my Mingzhou open again to speed it up a little. This one has taken six openings to get it close. It's maddening and fun at the same time.
I want a watch to keep accurate time. No fuss. That said the Junkers Automatic I recently got is running fast. That's annoying. I sent a note to the company.

About 26 seconds in 24 hours. I never checked my other automatic to see how it did. I didn't wear it much so it was always stopped.

Welcome to the world of mechanical watches. That is about average for a modern mech watch that is not chronometer rated.

About 26 seconds in 24 hours. I never checked my other automatic to see how it did. I didn't wear it much so it was always stopped.

That's 3-4 minutes a week. Let the main spring and gear train break in for a few days. I doubt it will become accurate without some attention. I would expect more from a new branded watch. Regulating is easy and par for the course with a cheap watch. My $100 Chinese watches are about that bad out of the box. After a few days of break in, I go to work regulating. For me, 1 minute or less per week is acceptable. Without a timegrapher, it takes minimum three adjustments to get to 1 minute / week. Of course, I want more accuracy but that's likely a dream with the Dixmont DG2813. There is no fine adjustment and it changes speed too much depending on wear rate, resting position and so forth. Annoyed yet? I'm not. It's part of the fun.

That's 3-4 minutes a week. Let the main spring and gear train break in for a few days. I doubt it will become accurate without some attention. I would expect more from a new branded watch. Regulating is easy and par for the course with a cheap watch. My $100 Chinese watches are about that bad out of the box. After a few days of break in, I go to work regulating. For me, 1 minute or less per week is acceptable. Without a timegrapher, it takes minimum three adjustments to get to 1 minute / week. Of course, I want more accuracy but that's likely a dream with the Dixmont DG2813. There is no fine adjustment and it changes speed too much depending on wear rate, resting position and so forth. Annoyed yet? I'm not. It's part of the fun.
The Junkers Automatic is a dress watch, so I haven't really worn it much. It kept winding down, so I kept it going and that's when I realized it was fast. The Luminox, my daily watch is precise.

I just ordered a Seiko SNZG11 which is from the Seiko 5 series, but slightly larger than their 37mm versions.

I'd been wanting this one for a while, but kept waiting on a better deal as my 37mm Seiko 5 was only $40 so the normal $150 price seemed a bit high.

Creation Watch is having a sale. Add in a code for 10% and free shipping and it's on the way for the low price of $91.

snzg11j1-a.jpg

Last edited:
I just ordered a Seiko SNZG11whish is from the Seiko 5 series, but slightly larger than their 37mm versions.

I'd been wanting one for a while, but kept waiting on a better deal as my 37mm Seiko 5 was only $40 so the normal $150 price seemed a bit high.

Creation Watch is having a sale and add in a code for 10% and free shipping, it's on the way for the low price of $91.

snzg11j1-a.jpg

Does it have the 7S26 or 7S376 movement?

Finally got the watch I ordered on Christmas Day. Had to have it delivered to my daughter's place in NYC, because they wouldn't mail to Hawaii. Then she sat on it for awhile.

Solar powered.

IMG_1237.jpg

Found the Tag Heuers that I destroyed years ago. I think I paid around $150 new for each back then. Used ones fetched a pretty penny these days.

I did consider getting one for old times sake.

800000062999000_01.jpg tag-heuer-f1-yellow-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom