Advice/Information on Pioneer SA 9500 with key lock.

TrueLies64

Hello all. I am looking at buying this Pioneer SA 9500. My question is, what is up with the lock? I have searched and cannot find another one like it. I do not believe it was installed by manufacturer, but it looks very clean and professionally done. Has anyone ever seen this before? Or did someone just decide to modify? Any information would be helpful. Thanking you in advance.

Pioneer-SA-9500-Amplifier-1.jpg Pioneer-SA-9500-Amplifier-2.jpg Pioneer-SA-9500-Amplifier-3.jpg

I’m sure that was done by someone who didn’t want the kids messing with his gear.

Buy it if it works and pop the hood, crack it open or whatever AK terminology you want to use to mean take the covers off and look to see what the key switch is connected to. Without a donor faceplate you are stuck with that look or a hole, but I think it is badassed, you would have a key start stereo. Not many of those around here.

Drivers, start your amplifiers. I think it is clean enough that I would keep it. But that's just me. You need a big silver Pioneer logo to put on the key chain.

One with some decent metalworking skills, and some level of electronic skills (assuming the key actually serves to allow/disallow use of the amp). I think it's kind of cool.

One with some decent metalworking skills, and some level of electronic skills (assuming the key actually serves to allow/disallow use of the amp). I think it's kind of cool.
Man I just don't see it, honestly. But hey is just my opinion... what do I know?
I would just add that if someone are fond of that kind of stuff, please not in the faceplate! I will help you but not in the faceplate.
Cheers!

I bet it may have been used to deter certain children from using dad's stereo. It's probably not hooked to anything.

What kind of sick mind do that?
They made Thousands and thousands of those amps. What's the problem with modifying one to suit the owners needs? There are plenty more out there for you to get an unmoslested one all covered in barn dripping for 25 years or pristine, depending on how you have to have your unit. If folks were blowing stuff up, makes sense to try to prevent that and not being able to use the amp might have saved the guy hundreds of bucks in repair costs over the years. A faceplate today, what a c-note or so? nbd.

I think it is unfortunate that was done, but since it is already there, I agree with Blue Shadow - Badass.

They made Thousands and thousands of those amps. What's the problem with modifying one to suit the owners needs? There are plenty more out there for you to get an unmoslested one all covered in barn dripping for 25 years or pristine, depending on how you have to have your unit. If folks were blowing stuff up, makes sense to try to prevent that and not being able to use the amp might have saved the guy hundreds of bucks in repair costs over the years. A faceplate today, what a c-note or so? nbd.
You know what.... You are right and I'm wrong.

Here is a Pioneer SX828 with a key lock:
pioneerstereoreceivermodelsx-828_4.jpg

You know what.... You are right and I'm wrong.
I think that is the first time someone has said I'm wrong without supporting evidence. Not like that is a problem. I just can't be concerned about each and every chunk of vintage because there were just so many of them.

Back
Top Bottom