In quest of the Koss Ear pad refill..

Ramseybella

AK Member
Bought a pair of Koss PRO4AAA Plus headphones for a mere $4.00.
As expected the ear pads have dried up it's mysterious liquid.
Now i have read folks using tire slime but seemed to me light on the viscosity.
Recently my wife sprained her ankle and i applied a Gel Ice Pad to the area. ?????:idea:
Felt like the Koss pads on my other set, could it work, will it work?

Koss sells replacement pads for the ProAA but not these, i tried they are not the same shape or size.
Made a big mess of my headphones with the glue and stuff and trying to shape them destroyed them.
Besides they are filled with only air no more Mystery liquid.
This is what i did and what i should have done a little better.
Turkey injector syringe (Problem> needle was a bit to large on this model left a larger hole) the cheap Walmart syringe is smaller but this gel is thick i think the larger tip worked as it was hard to even push it into the pads.
Cut the corner of the gel bag pulled the plunger out of the syringe and filled it up.
Pumped them full and let the gel ooze out till it stopped then took the silicone sealer and applied it to and around the hole let it dry and glued the pads on.
They are setting up tonight i will test them out.
I put them on for a moment, they feel like the real deal so far.
Don't know the weight of the original pads i just leveled them to 54 to 55 grams each.

K1.jpg
K3.jpgK2.jpg
K4.jpg

As I mentioned on another thread, Koss does have the D-shaped pads for the Pro 4 AAA but they do not show on their web site. Just call the customer service number and they will take care of it there. They were quick and very friendly.

That's an interesting idea and starting point.

The gel cold packs are basically a small amount of methycellulose (treated wood fiber) for bulk, water (thermal mass), some propylene glycol as an antifreeze to lower the freezing point of water (otherwise it would turn to hard ice), sometimes silica gel to add mass, plus some preservative to keep bacteria from eating it. The silica gel will retain heat.

Wonder what would be the result if they were to leak into your ears?

I SAY WHAT ... <G>

Just went with the foam pads here when refurbing my 2+2's. Easy enough to get, and they're quite comfortable. Just heated them up a bit with a blow dryer, turned them inside out, and stretched them onto the cups.

koss-new-pads.jpg

koss-2+2-phones.jpg

Wonder what would be the result if they were to leak into your ears?

I SAY WHAT ... <G>

Just went with the foam pads here when refurbing my 2+2's. Easy enough to get, and they're quite comfortable. Just heated them up a bit with a blow dryer, turned them inside out, and stretched them onto the cups.

koss-new-pads.jpg

koss-2+2-phones.jpg

sKiZo - I'd like to replace the pads on my Koss K/2+2s. Rather than going through a lot of trial and error, do you recall where you picked up the foam pads?

Thanks!

I have a set of ES9's that need pads.I wonder if they're still available or if there is a suitable sub?

Last edited:
Yup ... sorry ... 15x90 would only fit a pinhead like me ... <G>

Just wondering if there was an update on how that injection operation turned out? I have deflated pads for a pair of KOSS Reference ones that I’d like to try that procedure on.

Back
Top Bottom