Mule Deer in Los Angeles

With the hogs, I'm not sure how bad it is. The deer and hogs are further "Upcountry." Where there is less people and more ranches and farms. They do have guided hunting trips for them.

Maui also has a growing feral cat problem. The chickens have gotten out of control. You can find them just about everywhere. The mall, airport, sides of the highway. This was at the Costco foodcourt, yesterday. I've seen 30+ at the Safeway parking lot and the roosters wake me up every morning.

View attachment 1322618

I’d be eating allot of chicken....

Pellet pistol, a razor for cutting the neck artery and a big kettle for boiling water for plucking feathers. It’s funny how people walk past free food while people walk into a store to buy food.

I’d be eating allot of chicken....

Pellet pistol, a razor for cutting the neck artery and a big kettle for boiling water for plucking feathers. It’s funny how people walk past free food while people walk into a store to buy food.
I think about it often. Sometimes there is a bunch that run around in my yard.

Near me the powers that be tranquilize deer and then neuter them. We also have lots of foxes. A coyote every now and then. I'm in a suburb of DC, 10 miles west, in a county of 1.3 million.

Just saw a doe eating my cactus fruit. Last week, an animal we think was a deer died in the scrub brush above our homes. The stink was unbearable.

Three raccoons eating over ripe apples I left outside...

AoaWCwU.jpg

I have a large patio rock as well, about the size of the deeper of the two. It must've been an umoveable object when they graded; point of earth stuff.

This fellow is a constant visitor and is slowly de-nuding my yard. He's not scared of me.

I have the same problem...but it's a herd of them instead. They have wiped out all of the Junipers bushes and have trimed the White Pines about 4' to 5' up from the ground.

I have tried everything to repel them...the one that works the best is a audio sound of wolves growling and howling, as soon as they hear the sound they start twitching and getting very nervous. What I do is turn on the outdoor speakers very low and slowly crank it up. It works great because we have a large population of Grey Wolves around here, about every third or forth night you can hear a kill so they know that sound!

I have the same problem...but it's a herd of them instead. They have wiped out all of the Junipers bushes and have trimed the White Pines about 4' to 5' up from the ground.

I have tried everything to repel them...the one that works the best is a audio sound of wolves growling and howling, as soon as they hear the sound they start twitching and getting very nervous. What I do is turn on the outdoor speakers very low and slowly crank it up. It works great because we have a large population of Grey Wolves around here, about every third or forth night you can hear a kill so they know that sound!

Deer problem solved but the calls will lure in the dogmen.

Here in fly over country the state manages the wildlife population to benefit both man and beast and the numbers harvested are adjusted every year. Here in MO over 200,000 deer were harvest during hunting season. In city and urban areas we have special rules to hunt and control the deer population. Bow and crossbow are primarily used. Hunting also provide millions of pounds of organic meat to feed the poor and homeless in the state. An excellent renewable food resource and source of income for the state.

I don't know what CA hunting laws are like. Are they controlling the deer population or are they a deer sanctuary state?

I will also say that for those have close encounters with deer. Be aware that during the mating season (rut) bucks can become very fired up and aggressive. They won't just knock you down and run away. They sometimes will knock you down and spend the next hour stomping and goring your lifeless carcass. Just sayin!

Here in the safety pin state, they're debating just how sharp they're going to allow the butter knives to be, so as not to be too dangerous, and scary. So, you can dang well expect the deer to be very safe.

Back
Top Bottom