liemjerry

Hi Friends

I need advise, which one better for CD player :

1. NAD C542
2. Rotel RCD-1072

both using DAC PCM Burr Brown PCM-1732 which utilize 24 bit/96 KHz sampling

please give suggestion and advise and why

many thanks

I can only talk about the Rotel RCD-1072 but my experience with them has been excellent. I own 2 of these units, as well as the 1055 Changer which I think has the same Burr Brown DAC, and have to say they have stood the test of time quite well. Playback and reproduction are very good and they play anything I throw at them. I recently compared the playback of the 1072 versus my Oppo 103 and thought the Rotel had a slight edge. I bought all of these units used, going back 9 years now. Performance and durability are excellent. If you can buy them from a trusted source at a fair price I think you will be quite happy with a Rotel 1072. Good luck with your search.

I can only talk about the Rotel RCD-1072 but my experience with them has been excellent. I own 2 of these units, as well as the 1055 Changer which I think has the same Burr Brown DAC, and have to say they have stood the test of time quite well. Playback and reproduction are very good and they play anything I throw at them. I recently compared the playback of the 1072 versus my Oppo 103 and thought the Rotel had a slight edge. I bought all of these units used, going back 9 years now. Performance and durability are excellent. If you can buy them from a trusted source at a fair price I think you will be quite happy with a Rotel 1072. Good luck with your search.

thank you for information on the experience of using Rotel RCD-1072. Incredible with 9 years old, how much is the average usage every day?
Is the CD reading still fast when the initial CD is inserted?
There are friends who say to test optics, we rotate on the last track and then immediately move to the original track, if the response is still fast, then the optics are still healthy

Not a much as I would like as work gets in the way! However on weekends my 1072 sees a minimum of 5 hours per day. It still reads fast, no problem when skipping tracks or programming via the remote. For the most part I listen to any disc I play, straight through, using the programming function only on occasion. The Rotel 1072 CDP is very popular here on AK and is perceived to be an entry level audiophile player. I paid @ $350 USD for each of mine at the time and think they were worth it. Now you must consider that they are older at this point and would trade for less nowadays. YMMV.

I never heard the Rotel...but I've been using the NAD C542 in one of my systems for about 6 years without a problem & sounds as good as the other 4 CD players i own...good build quality on the NAD C542...i purchased it as a demo when it was being replaced by a newer model for $250 USD...

Not a much as I would like as work gets in the way! However on weekends my 1072 sees a minimum of 5 hours per day. It still reads fast, no problem when skipping tracks or programming via the remote. For the most part I listen to any disc I play, straight through, using the programming function only on occasion. The Rotel 1072 CDP is very popular here on AK and is perceived to be an entry level audiophile player. I paid @ $350 USD for each of mine at the time and think they were worth it. Now you must consider that they are older at this point and would trade for less nowadays. YMMV.

I have bargain for US275 now, condition is mint, very mint, complete with remote. Optic is absolutely fabulous, what do you think about this offer?

I never heard the Rotel...but I've been using the NAD C542 in one of my systems for about 6 years without a problem & sounds as good as the other 4 CD players i own...good build quality on the NAD C542...i purchased it as a demo when it was being replaced by a newer model for $250 USD...

what about C545, I heard that that is newer model, can accept WMA, MP3 CD but can it accept HDCD disc?

I think you would be hard pressed to find a better sounding CD player for that kind of money, given the condition you describe. Good luck.

I had both. The Rotel was built like a tank and the NAD just flat sounded better to me.

Back
Top Bottom