What's Pioneer in your rig?

Nigel would be proud.

Do you ever work on your gear? The balance knob on this does all it's work by the 2nd mark in either direction, and does nothing if you turn it to the 3rd - 5th mark. It works in a compressed space, so I'm borderline about trying to clean the pot/s. Also, because it's one of the first "computer controlled" units, I wonder if it could do more harm than good.

Do you ever work on your gear? The balance knob on this does all it's work by the 2nd mark in either direction, and does nothing if you turn it to the 3rd - 5th mark. It works in a compressed space, so I'm borderline about trying to clean the pot/s. Also, because it's one of the first "computer controlled" units, I wonder if it could do more harm than good.

If you’re asking me, I have no skills beyond what most would call general maintenance. I have discovered that a lot of problems go away with a good pot and slider cleaning. Anything beyond that I usually part out, put away for possible future repairs (if I think it’s worth keeping around), or just dispose of.

I think a good cleaning might very well fix your problem. Use a slider cleaner.

Well, I have a new bit of Pioneer kit - I decided I wanted to go back to direct drive in my big rig - and so I have done so with a fully recapped and overhauled PL-50L MkII :)

attachment.php

what can I say I have them running with my Klipsch cf 3's off my Kenny 8008. my god its a aurtal wonderland in here.

Very nice. Did you change the bulbs in the 780 for LEDs?
Yes, I did. The photographs do not do it justice as to how good it looks. The lamps in the CTS-F9191 are completely stock, and will remain so. I watched a video on YouTube where a guy swapped out lamps for LED's on a similar model, and they looked awful. Some units look better if they stay stock.

Not sure I ever posted in this thread.

Anyway:
Pioneer SX 535 , SX 636, SX 737, SX 780, SX 850, SX 990, SX 1010 ( 2),
SA 9500 'll and TX 9500 'll .

I sold off a 434, 727, 750 , 880, 980.

Well, I'm no longer limited to one Pioneer component in my collection - went and picked up this one today...a PL-550!

20190112_144326.jpg

Very nice table! Unfortunately, the SX-950 is in the shop undergoing phono section surgery, and I gotta ease off the G.A.S. pedal for a bit after this buy, but I'll certainly be spinning a few records through my other recievers this weekend :).

Back
Top Bottom