Todays METAL playlist

No Speed Limit! Great bands. love Aggression! They are out touring again, one original member. They played my town if you can believe that, I was the only person there to see them. Nice guys, they were going to bag their set since no one was there, until I showed up and talked to all of them and raved about the demos and both albums!
Would have actually gone and seen the latest incarnation of Aggression a few months back locally if I hadn't already had previous plans for the evening with family. Had actually jotted it down on the calendar.
Pulled out for later listening as well.
20190105_202013.jpg 20190105_202030.jpg

Shit, after a hectic Xmas period fitting a new kitchen, and all that entails, I finally get to play some recently bought vinyl.

Found in the $5.00 bin, a very dodgy and obviously water damaged cover, but the vinyl is clean and VG++, so I 'splurged' on my first Twisted Sister vinyl purchase.

TO2l62G.jpg
Was given a hard time in school back in the day for listening to band like TS. The 1st two records kick ass as far as I'm concerned.
Stay Hungry hit and MTV, Much Music in Canada, were all over it it like a fly on shit.
They backed up Maiden on the Powerslave tour when I saw them and they stunk! Maiden killed it!

Would have actually gone and seen the latest incarnation of Aggression a few months back locally if I hadn't already had previous plans for the evening with family. Had actually jotted it down on the calendar.
Pulled out for later listening as well.
View attachment 1377590 View attachment 1377591

Love this insane album. Sasquatch told me they were doing a lot of PCP when they did this stuff so he does not even remember those days! They were "signed" to Banzai because their rehearsal place was upstairs from the Banzai office. Another factoid is this lp is the only original material released on the label, ALL the rest are licensed releases. I love the "Forgotten Skeletons" lp that came out too some years back.

Shit, after a hectic Xmas period fitting a new kitchen, and all that entails, I finally get to play some recently bought vinyl.
Found in the $5.00 bin, a very dodgy and obviously water damaged cover, but the vinyl is clean and VG++, so I 'splurged' on my first Twisted Sister vinyl purchase.
TO2l62G.jpg
That's a great album, T.B.
I was a huge fan of early Twisted Sister.

My German copy of that album has a brown cover rather than the standard black.
https://www.discogs.com/Twisted-Sister-You-Cant-Stop-Rock-N-Roll/release/7830189
006.jpg

008.jpg

005.jpg

Was given a hard time in school back in the day for listening to band like TS. The 1st two records kick ass as far as I'm concerned.
Stay Hungry hit and MTV, Much Music in Canada, were all over it it like a fly on shit.
They backed up Maiden on the Powerslave tour when I saw them and they stunk! Maiden killed it!

1st TS lp is the ULTIMATE in early 80's street metal. Denim clad rockers to the hilt. I could bang that album all day long.

Yeah buddy. Their live act in those early days was something to behold. You ALWAYS got your moneys worth.
They had total cred in the early days in my circle.
004.jpg

Love this insane album. Sasquatch told me they were doing a lot of PCP when they did this stuff so he does not even remember those days! They were "signed" to Banzai because their rehearsal place was upstairs from the Banzai office. Another factoid is this lp is the only original material released on the label, ALL the rest are licensed releases. I love the "Forgotten Skeletons" lp that came out too some years back.
Indeed you are correct. Banzai were unique in the fact that everything (almost) was licensed releases.
Market value has increased significantly in recent years due to rarity of availability especially due to short press runs. A number of my Banzai pressings are fetching respectable prices in market it seems.
While it would be nice to pass this collection along to my 4 year old daughter, I suspect it will head towards my retirement fund when all is said a done.....or maybe I've still got the chance to convert her to a banger yet!! She does seem to like Ozzy! Haha.

Funny thing is, Zoot. Twisted Sister had to go to England to get their first record deal with the punk label Secret Records in 1982. No labels were interested in them at home in the States.
This is the four song E.P. that Secret released.

Twisted Sister - Ruff Cutts
1982 Secret Records SHH 137-12

https://www.discogs.com/Twisted-Sister-Ruff-Cutts/release/606792
016.jpg

015.jpg

003.jpg
:beerchug: I do know this and my buddy had the same release. It's a shock to think of in hindsight. TS are worthy of some love even though they get dissed for conforming to the VID norm of the era. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for TS...even with some of the cheese which I can't overly blame them for. Popularity arose from the vid era.....everyone's gotta make a buck right!

My last Twisted Sister thing.
Their second single, released June 4th, 1980 on their own label. It was the labels last release.
Old pics. I'm not listening to it. (actually listening to Diamond Head and shooting pics for a future NWOBHM post)

Twisted Sister - Bad Boys (Of Rock And Roll) b/w Lady's Boy
1980 Twisted Sister Records TS-1002

https://www.discogs.com/Twisted-Sister-Bad-Boys-Of-Rock-N-Roll/release/679471
012.jpg

013.jpg

010.jpg

Back
Top Bottom