Cds trying to think of a reason.

I have had the chance to compare Tidal Master to the masters of 4 CDs in the studio they where recording in. Every bit as good.
I'll need to check that service out sometime l've used Spotify, YouTube and others which are lossy formats and all though decent at times with regard to SQ, that don't come close to my CD or FLACS.->I should note that my setup is unconventional. All my sources pass through my Apogee master word clock which is the sync to the word clock of my DAC.

I'll need to check that service out sometime l've used Spotify, YouTube and others which are lossy formats and all though decent at times with regard to SQ, that don't come close to my CD or FLACS.->I should note that my setup is unconventional. All my sources pass through my Apogee master word clock which is the sync to the word clock of my DAC.
Mine is in my sig. with my DAC between my CCA, CDP and my PAS2. I do vinyl 90% of the time when sitting down in front of it.

@GChief
Okay ... so he seems a tad disinterested at the moment, but I'll bet he's having some great dreams ...
I bring my grandson into my audio room for a listen, sometimes, and if I choose the right music that day, he sits and listens. He's only 14 months, so its somewhat fleeting.

Dave

In a few days G, I'll ask you for some details on your streaming equipment and your media player software, and computer connections, and try to determine what I'm doing wrong.
Till then, happy listening to your and yer pooch ...

Dave

So you connect your computer to your dac, from a usb out on the computer to the usb in on the dac?

Okay, cool.
I have a 2002 MF A3/24 -192 dac. So I use an MF V-Link 192 for the asyncronous usb to coax connection to my dac.
The MF dac really is very musical in all ways, so the V-Link should perform well also. And it had great reviews.
I was using VLC Media player instead of the Tidal Destop App. Maybe thats the issue.

Dave

I was using VLC Media player instead of the Tidal Destop App. Maybe thats the issue.

Could be :dunno: I don’t know, I set up the Spotify/Tidal stuff and it sounded good so I haven’t tried anything else other than thier apps for playback.

Alright, well thanks for the assistance G.
I'll try Tidal again and use their destop app and see if it makes a difference. It'll be a good test cuz anything we figure out might help ontheblitz with streaming.
Thanks again.

Dave

@OnTheBlitz
Oh, and btw, your avatar dog is absolutely bursting with enthusiasm.
My sinuses wouldn't allow it, but just viewing the pic, makes one want to run out and get a dog buddy.
Lucky you!

Dave
Hey Dave,
Thanks. He's a good boy. Still a pup (kind of) at 9 months old. He loves stick. Here he was this morning (Saturday)
20190105_143222.jpg

Let me know how you make out with your streaming. I may look into it again. But, I have about 7K FLAC Albums for now, so no rush... :)

Cheers,
Chris

Good morning Chris,
Wow. The bigger the stick, the happier he looks. Great pic.
I'll let you know how I fare, with streaming. It'll take a while tho, I've got a few projects to finish first.
Cheers,

Dave

@jcg1112
I never meet anyone that has a Klipsch sound bar. I have one and its fantastic, especially for the price.
I was at a friend's place over Xmas, watching a movie, and their basic Sony sound bar sounded like it was in a drum. And the dialogue was terrible. I'm too polite to say anything, but it sure makes me apprecoate the 500 bucks I spent on the Klipsch. And muic is very good on it, must be the horn tweeters. Nothing like my Kefs, of course.
I also use it outside for BBQs for background music. The 6 inch bluetooth sub is perfect.

Dave

Yep, we like ours. We have the Icon SB 1 and have it in our living room. We didn’t want a room full of stuff, plus we don’t watch a bunch of tv. Overall, a good purchase.

Back
Top Bottom