Found this at the re-store in a pile next to dumpster

How do you clean a unit that is coated in grunge like that? Some dust will come off by spraying air at it, other stuff will need to be wiped, right? Are you using a soft paintbrush with some type of cleaner?
The inside with a paint brush and vacuum. The outside I used "Wesleys Bleach white" spray on a toothbrush and clean small areas wiping dry to avoid getting components wet. The knobs went onto a bowl of dawn dish soap and scrubbed with a cloth. DeoxIT on the moving parts.

I don't know about anyone else, but I always throw my stereo away when it gets dirty or dusty!
This is my philosophy anyway. The beauty part is that it works with anything. Clothes, dishes, furniture, you name it. Im a job provider godamn it!

The inside with a paint brush and vacuum. The outside I used "Wesleys Bleach white" spray on a toothbrush and clean small areas wiping dry to avoid getting components wet. The knobs went onto a bowl of dawn dish soap and scrubbed with a cloth. DeoxIT on the moving parts.

I usually remove the face if its that dirty.. Dont know how easy that is to do with that particular model though.

Man, I need to start checking dumpsters...lol. So, what? Do y'all just go around back of the thrift store?

Lol, it's a bonus if you can actually peer into the them without climbing.
I usually check the drop off areas, too.

Pretty amazing! I saw some kids looking in a dumpster behind an audio store next to the Deschutes Brewing Pub in Bend just before Thanksgiving, and wondered why, but guessed they were looking for old gear to fix up. Now I know for sure!

But it seems to me an audio store that had anyone with any knowledge wouldn't do that to that piece. Could be I am wrong. Cleaning up something like that might have gotten in the way of a sale!

Around back, my local GW has what appears to be an all enclosed dumpter/compacter deal. I dunno. I looked, but couldnt see any way to get at anything. Plus, all the cameras, and signs that warn against tresspassing. Geez, can't even dumpster dive.

Sadly because many folk have used thrift shops as dumping grounds for pure rubbish disposal, while others use them as trading tables, but which ever way you see it they just want to win.

Back
Top Bottom