Cds trying to think of a reason.

@jcg1112
Yeah, it's great when you've had something for a year or two, and it works so well, you'd probably still buy the same thing.
In 3 or 4 years I may pick up a used Arcam 7.1 AV receiver and give suround sound a try. I have some extra Celestions, and a bunch of BayAudio speakers, and lots of excellent 12 awg ofc, speaker wire; so I just need an amp.
But for now, we are the same as you, in that we done want a whack of speakers in the room, and we don't watch a lotta tv anyway.
Cheers

Dave

One nice thing about a disc in a player is that you can be pretty certain that neither the recording nor the playback system has, um, changed.
Since....oh, whenever. That becomes a little less certain if you use your player just as a transport, however.

I find myself streaming alot but the reasons for keeping my CDs and vinyl are simple ,I remember the countless hours pawing through LPs at the record store ,incense burning ,miles Davis bitches brew blasting through some Kabuki speaker system ,then the intense joy of finding that 1 album I needed for my collection ,with CD I remember spending some of the best days of my life ,me & my neighbor passing left handed smokes back n forth durring our city and state wide pawn shop hunts for CDs .

Plus I like the pride of ownership ,very few people love music enough to collect 10,000 us albums ,and that in itself is part of who we all are ,while brain dead zombies giggle watching reruns of The Golden Girls people like us we're aquiring music collections radio DJs would be jealous over ,a also like the physical contact with my systems that only inserting a CD ,or cleaning an LP and getting the TT up to speed can bring .

While tinkering around the house ,spending time online etc streaming is perfect ,however ,for my 3 to 4 hour critical listening sessions I cannot stream even 1 song ,I love the rituals associated with physical music and finincally supporting the artists I love ,when I take the big dirt nap I hope they have to pry the 1st rock double album from my cold dead hands .

HEAD-EAST-Flat-As-A-Pancake.jpg

Actually, for years, I preferred to play the CD as well. Now, I am getting good results from Tidal lossless, and thinking I will get the same from ALAC's I rip from my own CD's and run from my computer. So now, maybe there's no reason. Depending on your system, YMMV, all that other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom