Pictures of Vintage GM cars!

Looks nice, I was never a big fan of that body style until I bought a '73 Laguna with a 375hp 454 and an automatic. Full power, AC, Swivel buckets, console, and just about every option offered on the car. It was never really that fast (it was heavy), but it was a great cruiser. I remember correctly I was able to fit fairly large tires under it without jacking up the ass end, L-60-15's in the back and G-60's in front

Looks nice, I was never a big fan of that body style until I bought a '73 Laguna with a 375hp 454 and an automatic. Full power, AC, Swivel buckets, console, and just about every option offered on the car. It was never really that fast (it was heavy), but it was a great cruiser. I remember correctly I was able to fit fairly large tires under it without jacking up the ass end, L-60-15's in the back and G-60's in front

73 Laguna 454 from the factory would be 245 hp. Vette would be 275

It was a 396 solid lifter motor, not a 454 (it was late) originally a 350/350 but I had a 396 and a turbo 400 that needed a home. The turbo 350 didn't shift anyway.
Looked like this with a tan interior that matched the roof.
488801-870-0.jpg

425 nailhead with dual quads, now that is a great motor. Buick is not commonly thought of as producing high powered engines, but I think they had some of the most interesting ones. Here's a picture of an old magazine (May 1970) with some "Experimental Buick V8s", note the turbo-nailhead and the engine to it's right with overhead cams.

Olds played too but it never made it to production
https://www.streetmusclemag.com/news/the-w43-oldsmobiles-dohc-455-v8-that-never-was/

It was a 396 solid lifter motor, not a 454 (it was late) originally a 350/350 but I had a 396 and a turbo 400 that needed a home. The turbo 350 didn't shift anyway.
Looked like this with a tan interior that matched the roof.
488801-870-0.jpg
As long as people are posting pics of their mid 70's GM A-bodies this one was my daily driver for 11 years. 80 mile round trip to work and back every day and every second weekend getting flogged down the quarter mile. Best car I've ever had,almost indestructable.olds442.jpg olds442a.jpg

From 2 late 1970's Scientific American magazines...

Attachments

• Chevy Monza.JPG
    Chevy Monza.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Buick Opel 2.JPG
    Buick Opel 2.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Buick Opel.JPG
    Buick Opel.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 8
olds442.jpg
My daily driver for over 11 years. Sold to fund 55 Chevy project. STUPID STUPID STUPID!!! It was one of the best cars I'd ever owned.

What year?
One of the earlier ones....it was before I went in the service, so I`m thinking maybe `65 or `66. It was a 4-speed, and he drove it in the "proper" fashion....his previous car was a `63 Olds Starfire, also a very nice (and fast) car....

One of the earlier ones....it was before I went in the service, so I`m thinking maybe `65 or `66. It was a 4-speed, and he drove it in the "proper" fashion....his previous car was a `63 Olds Starfire, also a very nice (and fast) car....
I love those, especially the '66s (and '67s) with that tunnel-back recessed rear window. By "proper fashion" I'm guessing you mean the right foot stayed planted when upshifting? :D

I love those, especially the '66s (and '67s) with that tunnel-back recessed rear window. By "proper fashion" I'm guessing you mean the right foot stayed planted when upshifting? :D
Just looked at some photos, and yeah, his was a `66. He loved to make those Wide Ovals squeal ! :)

Back
Top Bottom