AK Retiree Club

Nope, roasting beans and burnt chaff smell just plain awful. The beans need at least 3 days rest to off-gas and start to smell and taste great. I roast in the garage where my roaster was banished to years ago by SWMBO.

Noted. Smelly garage it will have to be, then.

Nope, roasting beans and burnt chaff smell just plain awful. The beans need at least 3 days rest to off-gas and start to smell and taste great. I roast in the garage where my roaster was banished to years ago by SWMBO.
Man I didn't know that about roasting coffee, so the good smell only happens when you perc em ...HUH

It's going ok. Not as easy as I thought it would be. I need to stop messing with the dials and just let it be.

Enjoy your retirement to its fullest, Ak'ers!
If you can believe this graph, certainly be thankful you are not part of the rising percentage of those having to work past the "age of retirement".
Stay healthy!
upload_2019-1-6_18-7-36.jpeg

My investments are working for me.
0e63a8942e4c8add7f802e3292654863--wealth-quotes-passive-income.jpg

What is this graph showing?
I think it shows those of "retirement age" are the fastest growing segment of the workforce since 2000.
Perhaps because they don't own rentals, the previous two recessions/market crashes, savers have zero rates of return on their savings, inflation or perhaps they just want to keep busy;)

the previous two recessions/market crashes, savers have zero rates of return on their savings

Figures from the NYTimes awhile back:
Average family wealth is still 20% lower than it was in 2007.....which amounts to about $40,000 per.
I might add that the Fed interest rate was, at the time, about twice what it is now.

Currently, something around 85% of all stock is owned by the wealthiest 10% of the population.
At best, most people only have their home as an asset.

Back
Top Bottom