Yamaha CR 2040 power transformer

SFSGTR

I've been the losing bidder on several "for parts only" 2040s, and I am in search of a power transformer for this model. Is there any source (vendor, manufacturer) who might have this transformer?
Thanks!

I've been the losing bidder on several "for parts only" 2040s, and I am in search of a power transformer for this model. Is there any source (vendor, manufacturer) who might have this transformer?
Thanks!
What makes you think its bad? Is it missing in action MIA ?

Last edited:
If its not missing. And the primary is "open". It may be repairable. There is a fusible link within the transformer.

I found a donor unit. Anything else I should have double checked when the power transformer is installed?

Is your donor unit 100% identical to your model ? Some have specific power transformers
GA62620 USA Model
GA62630 Nord European Model
GA62640 General model
GA62650 Australian and British Model

The thermal fuse is there :

CR2040.JPG

Lamps or red LED's illuminate? Any movement in the meters?

Tech said that since smoke came out of the back of the unit when I powered it up, there were probably more issues beyond the power transformer. Since the donor unit has a good transformer, but with no sound, perhaps the donor unit can be repaired. My original 2040 was said to be defunct, but has excellent cosmetics. We shall see...or hear.
Thanks for all the responses and suggestions!
b

Switched transformer from donor unit and all is well. I'm looking forward to getting my 42 year old receiver back on Friday.

Back
Top Bottom