Woodstock 50th Anniversary

Sorry, "Glamping" and Woodstock do not go together...

image.jpg

What puts things in perspective for myself is Remembering hearing about Woodstock when I was 17 and thinking that was a long time ago 16 year's prior to then. ... Now looking back at the last 16 years that was just in 2003.... Uh oh. .. I'm not liking this getting old thing..

“It’ll be hip-hop and rock and some pop and some of the legacy bands from the original festival.”

Oh boy, Justin Bieber, JZ, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Kanye

Even if they resurrected Hendrix, Janis, Jerry, and everyone of the Jefferson Airplane and it was just like it was, I wouldn't even consider going. I'm 57 years old, walking miles sitting in dirt and piss with 700,000 other people to listen to music would not be fun for me at all.

I'll buy the DVD

Quote:

"We had talked about Watkins Glen over the years and I decided on a whim to look at it since having it at a racetrack didn’t appeal to me. But when I looked, I knew it was the perfect facility for what we had in mind. It was reminiscent to me of finding Max [Yasgur]’s field.”

Racetrack. Hmm... Wasn't Altamont a racetrack?

^^^ Ol' Mike had better be careful re: which of the two huge outdoor musical events of '69 he (re)conjures. (btw, in case he's still pondering security, there is an 81 chapter in NYC)

Re: the '99 Woodstock "revival", I @ least liked a lot of the bands assembled @ that one. Gawd only knows what Lang's gonna book for the 50th... Rap? Rascal Flatts? The Three Tenors (oh wait, one of 'em's dead)... The Two Tenors? :smoke:

I asked myself many times, who of the AK members might be a 69 Woodstock veteran. Maybe in the last ten, 15 years there had been a thread on this topic???

There's just too many folks that won't be there for that reunion.

I wonder if the "Brown" acid will be any better this time. ;)

I asked myself many times, who of the AK members might be a 69 Woodstock veteran. Maybe in the last ten, 15 years there had been a thread on this topic???
Woodstock was held 10 miles from my home and I did make it out to a mile or so from the concert.
My dad had one of the few local businesses that sold tickets, and plenty of them.
It was a great time but by and large I was clueless.

Still got my pre sale 3 day ticket. Was 18$. 50 cant be that good! Probably a bunch of wannabes.

I would think that if you attended the first event, you should qualify for the senior discount on the second one.

And if you left anything behind last time, like your car keys, or your winter gloves, maybe they will have them in the lost and found

Back
Top Bottom