The New Wave Of British Heavy Metal

Not gonna lie... some of the jeans are so tight they are making me uncomfortable :p LOL

The gent 2nd to the right has some man hips going on.. ;) And all the hipsters thought thy started the "skinny jeans" fad.. Nope...Jaguar did it 1st.

The bridge info was quite cool, reminds me of the golden gate design. My brother in law is a Golden Gate officer for SFPD. His job is to try to catch jumpers, kind of a messed up job really. He gets to take a few trips up the top of the bridge, I think he gets to do it 3x a year where he can take 2-3 people at a time. He's asked if me and my gal want to do it, its really rare to be able to get to the top, we have yet to do it. Him and my sister did it a few months back and sent me the pictures. :)

I know right? You'd need a detachable Johnson to squeeze into the jeans second from the left.

I think I'd have a panic attack if I went to the top of the GG Bridge. I've seen pictures.

I take that back. I KNOW I would have a panic attack. And I used to climb telephone poles for a living.

Last edited:
So I just got the FLAC Files on my little FIO! Frank has perfect timing, I brought It in this morning to pull some flack files off it due to looking into a new DAP.

IMG_1369.JPG

Didn't bother with the artwork yet, but have it blasting in my office right now.

Frank did you rip this from the actual LP? The Quality is great!

:beerchug:

:rockon:

So I just got the FLAC Files on my little FIO! Frank has perfect timing, I brought It in this morning to pull some flack files off it due to looking into a new DAP.

View attachment 1381954

Didn't bother with the artwork yet, but have it blasting in my office right now.

Frank did you rip this from the actual LP? The Quality is great!

:beerchug:

:rockon:
Yep. That was a very fresh rip done yesterday.
One of the more important NWOBHM albums in my opinion... then again I say that about all of them.
It was a ridiculous album cover. I tend to think it may have hindered sales, especially in the U.S.
005.jpg

I plan to give it a full and very LOUD listen tomorrow, but did a bit of brief listening this evening and I love it, y'can hear much Thrash & Speed w/ these lads.
It's a wonder that Metallica never covered any of their songs, although I'm pretty sure that Lars Ulrich said that the Metallica song "Whiplash" was their effort to emulate "Axe Crazy" which is one of the bonus tracks that I included on the rip.
008.jpg

009.jpg

006.jpg

I think we have a new NWOBHM fan in the making!

Click this pic for some good reading.

Im a fan of British audio gear... never got into the music to deeply tho… Loved my quads and B&W gear, my Onix amps were quite prolific.

Im on "the fox" now. great high energy album for work!

Just giving the Jaguar rip a good loud listen right now. It really does sound good if I do say so myself.
A little reading to go along with it.

Jaguar Is Keeping the Spirit of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal Alive

Guitarist Gary Peppard tells us all about Bristol band's wild early days, the joy of playing fast, and their new vinyl reissue of 'Power Games.'
https://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/artic...-of-the-new-wave-of-british-heavy-metal-alive
1501772015722-Jaguar-1982-Promo-Pic.jpeg

(there they are with that bridge again)

No introduction necessary.

Women In Uniform was a song by an Australian band called Skyhooks;. They recorded it in 1978 and had a minor hit with it in the UK and a major hit at home.

Iron Maiden covered it for their 2nd single under the EMI label. (Their first recording was The Soundhouse Tapes single in 1979 released by Rock Hard Records)
Yes that's Margaret (The Iron Lady) Thatcher awaiting Eddie and the girls. She has some payback to deliver.

The B side features Invasion, a very punkish song about Vikings raiding England. The song never made it to a studio album but a similar song called Invaders appeared on The Number Of The Beast. a couple of years later The 12" version was fleshed out with a live version of Phantom Of The Opera.

Women In Uniform was the last Iron Maiden recording with guitarist Dennis Stratton, who would soon be replaced by Adrian Smith of Urchin,

Iron Maiden - Women In Uniform 12" 45rpm
1980 EMI 2C 052-52879Z French Pressing

https://www.discogs.com/Iron-Maiden-Mujeres-Uniformadas/master/14424
002.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

9099df6502da8ba57b247389a69ade78724cb5e6v2_hq.jpg

Last edited:
No introduction necessary.

Women In Uniform was a song by an Australian band called Skyhooks;. They recorded it in 1978 and had a minor hit with it in the UK and a major hit at home.

Iron Maiden covered it for their 2nd single under the EMI label. (Their first recording was The Soundhouse Tapes single in 1979 released by Rock Hard Records)
Yes that's Margaret (The Iron Lady) Thatcher awaiting Eddie and the girls. She has some payback to deliver.

The B side features Invasion, a very punkish song about Vikings raiding England. The song never made it a studio album but a similar song called Invaders appeared on The Number Of The Beast. The 12" version was fleshed out with a live version of Phantom Of The Opera.

Women In Uniform was the last Iron Maiden recording with guitarist Dennis Stratton, who would soon be replaced by Adrian Smith of Urchin,

Iron Maiden - Women In Uniform 12" 45rpm
1980 EMI 2C 052-52879Z French Pressing

https://www.discogs.com/Iron-Maiden-Mujeres-Uniformadas/master/14424
002.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

9099df6502da8ba57b247389a69ade78724cb5e6v2_hq.jpg
None at all, it:rockon:

It's a wonder that Metallica never covered any of their songs, although I'm pretty sure that Lars Ulrich said that the Metallica song "Whiplash" was their effort to emulate "Axe Crazy" which is one of the bonus tracks that I included on the rip.
008.jpg

009.jpg

006.jpg

I think your memory of Lars' comment is accurate -- just listened to "Axe Crazy" and the primary rhythm scheme is very similar to that of "Whiplash", or, more accurately stated, the other way around.

Yep. That was a very fresh rip done yesterday.
One of the more important NWOBHM albums in my opinion... then again I say that about all of them.
It was a ridiculous album cover. I tend to think it may have hindered sales, especially in the U.S.
005.jpg

Spot on re: the cover art. They oughtta have gone w/ the cover design as used for the "Axe Crazy" single, which is a really cool piece of cover art/design, and stuck w/ that consistently as their visual "calling card". But the (somewhat) cheesy cover does nothing to diminish the consistently brilliant material pressed into the vinyl within. An excellent and important recording, this one.

Spot on re: the cover art. They oughtta have gone w/ the cover design as used for the "Axe Crazy" single, which is a really cool piece of cover art/design, and stuck w/ that consistently as their visual "calling card". But the (somewhat) cheesy cover does nothing to diminish the consistently brilliant material pressed into the vinyl within. An excellent and important recording, this one.
Agreed.
So many albums from those days had atrocious album art, but Power Games takes it to a new level. I look at it as a commentary on The Cold War and give them credit for the effort.

Their bass player, Jeff Cox did the artwork for Axe Crazy. Very talented fellow. I assume it was him. A certain J. Cox is credited on the sleeve.
R-1867902-1289061630.jpeg.jpg

Agreed.
So many albums from those days had atrocious album art, but Power Games takes it to a new level. I look at it as a commentary on The Cold War and give them credit for the effort.

Their bass player, Jeff Cox did the artwork for Axe Crazy. Very talented fellow. I assume it was him. A certain J. Cox is credited on the sleeve.
R-1867902-1289061630.jpeg.jpg

This a very good lookin' logo.

Back
Top Bottom