Show Me Your Sansui!

Hey @onepixel

How you been? I’ve only the one sansui in the mix.

Sansui Eight (non delux)
View attachment 1381592 View attachment 1381593

I just shipped it out yesterday for a full recap/rebuild. I’ve got all the new stickers as well. The body is in great cond., it should be a good looking unit once I get it back. :) it’s in good hands and I’m excited to get worked on. It’s being done by a fellow member who’s got some prolific skills. I’m beyond excited lol

Hey jobrewer, I'm good. Thanks for asking. The Sansui Eight is a nice one.

I'm not so much into audio gear these days. Still listening to music and I'm having fun with photography.

Aloha!

Hey jobrewer, I'm good. Thanks for asking. The Sansui Eight is a nice one.

I'm not so much into audio gear these days. Still listening to music and I'm having fun with photography.

Aloha!

yea we noticed you have not been in the music thread to often, the gear is one thing, but Music must not go away :)

My gal is into photography, her degree is actually in art/film/media and political science... I know right LOL where did the PolSci come from... She wanted to have a double major. Any who, 10+ years ago when she was finishing up school, I can remember helping her with some project, one being working with actual 35mm and 8mm film. Had lot of fun learning, I was the mule, you know helping with set up... but I had fun. We shot a few 8mm films and some 35mm but that got expensive real quick. I know she has a strong love for it, she recently mentioned she wanted to get a new camera. I think I'm going to get her something nice for her birthday in a few months, I just know I will be forking out some serious cash... fun stuff. :)

yea we noticed you have not been in the music thread to often, the gear is one thing, but Music must not go away :)

My gal is into photography, her degree is actually in art/film/media and political science... I know right LOL where did the PolSci come from... She wanted to have a double major. Any who, 10+ years ago when she was finishing up school, I can remember helping her with some project, one being working with actual 35mm and 8mm film. Had lot of fun learning, I was the mule, you know helping with set up... but I had fun. We shot a few 8mm films and some 35mm but that got expensive real quick. I know she has a strong love for it, she recently mentioned she wanted to get a new camera. I think I'm going to get her something nice for her birthday in a few months, I just know I will be forking out some serious cash... fun stuff. :)

Her two degrees don't sound so strange. Art/film/media can tell stories of the human condition and Political Science studies governance, political activities and thought. All things that affect the human condition.

Photography gear has taken a big leap in the past year with Full Sensor, Mirrorless cameras. Currently Sony has a big lead, while Nikon, Canon and others got on the bandwagon late and are playing catch up. A lot of people, including me switched to Sony.

I "forked out" or rather made a serious investment in the Sony camera and lenses. It's been well worth it. The performance outstrips most pro-level DSLRs. It's a serious tool. I'm having so much fun and I love what it can do. One reason why I'm not messing with audio. I'm geeking out on photography and it's gear.

The gear selection is vast and can be expensive. Other companies like Zeiss, Tamron, Lokia and others are making quality and or inexpensive lenses for video and stills.
I started a thread if you're interested.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sony-alpha.852043/#post-12318220

Her two degrees don't sound so strange. Art/film/media can tell stories of the human condition and Political Science studies governance, political activities and thought. All things that affect the human condition.

Photography gear has taken a big leap in the past year with Full Sensor, Mirrorless cameras. Currently Sony has a big lead, while Nikon, Canon and others got on the bandwagon late and are playing catch up. A lot of people, including me switched to Sony.

I "forked out" or rather made a serious investment in the Sony camera and lenses. It's been well worth it. The performance outstrips most pro-level DSLRs. It's a serious tool. I'm having so much fun and I love what it can do. One reason why I'm not messing with audio. I'm geeking out on photography and it's gear.

The gear selection is vast and can be expensive. Other companies like Zeiss, Tamron, Lokia and others are making quality and or inexpensive lenses for video and stills.
I started a thread if you're interested.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/sony-alpha.852043/#post-12318220

Just checked out the thread, I will be picking your mind in a few months. If you don't mind. :)

She has a few Nikon's D and F series... I cant remember the lines she has but yea, she said the same as you. new camera technology is on the up and up right now. Shes always stayed up on camera tech, I can remember 10 or so years ago I pick up an ELF for her, just for on the go, it was the top of the line at the time and she wanted a small digital camera. It did take good pix, but I can remember her showing me the difference in quality when she did a few side by sides with her "real" cameras. Big diff. I know she is not wanting a standard digital cam.. so I know im in for a good run lol and she has been talking about it for the past 6-7months.. LOL

Here's my recently acquired 661. I intercepted it from the Salvation Army donation area last week when I was making a donation. It was filthy with cigarette tar, 2 dial lights were out, and it had a significant hum on all inputs with no volume.

I cleaned it all up, replaced some lamps, reflowed a couple cold solder joints, removed a partially melted 45 record adapter from one of the emitter resistors, another emitter resistor was melted to the connector to the driver board so I freed it up and gently bent it away from the connector.

Finally, I removed the driver board and cleaned up the contacts and reseated it. This took care of the hum. I must say I'm impressed at the sound coming from this little 20 watter, it sounds great with plenty of bass and clarity.

View attachment 1324320
A partially melted 45 adapter that had to removed from one of the resistors? :eek: Great job on bringing that back to life! I had its big brother, the 771, at one time. Very nice sounding receiver.

The most recent addition to my Sansui family - a Model Seven in great (but dirty) condition. This will join the rest of my collection, which includes:
AU-555 Integrated Amplifier
TU-555 Tuner
221 Receiver
771 Receiver
1000x Receiver
5000x Receiver
SR-737 Turntable (not working)
AS-100 Acoustic Suspension Speakers
AS-200 Acoustic Suspension Speakers
In case you couldn't tell, I kinda like Sansui stuff! Some before and after photos. I acquired this from the original owner, along with a nice pair of KLH Model 23 speakers. Heck of a nice guy, and he told me he sold the stuff to me ($150 for all) because a bunch of other guys were lowballing him and asking for videos to prove it worked. I took his word for it, and we made a deal right away. The only thing that needs work on the Model 7 is the tuning needle lamp. The KLHs will be recapped and the surrounds will be sealed, but the guy who sells the sealing compound is on vacation until March 20th! Does anybody know if there is another source besides the vintageAR auction site seller?
IMG_3869.JPG IMG_3870.JPG fullsizeoutput_aba.jpeg fullsizeoutput_aaf.jpeg fullsizeoutput_ab8.jpeg

My just arrived new acquisition, Sansui 771. DHL dropped it here a few hours ago. It was bought "as it is" but previous owner made some recent clean-up and adjustments however I will ask someone skilled to take another look and replace lamps.
I heard good things about this receiver so decided to give it a try, the price was not too high, 150 euros including shipping, considering the low availability of Sansui receivers in the Dutch market this was a not too bad price, I think.

20190216_083035.jpg 20190216_082945.jpg 20190216_083114.jpg 20190216_083123.jpg 20190216_083241.jpg 20190216_082727.jpg 20190216_083206.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_3605 (1).jpeg
My just arrived new acquisition, Sansui 771. DHL dropped it here a few hours ago. It was bought "as it is" but previous owner made some recent clean-up and adjustments however I will ask someone skilled to take another look and replace lamps.
I heard good things about this receiver so decided to give it a try, the price was not too high, 150 euros including shipping, considering the low availability of Sansui receivers in the Dutch market.

View attachment 1421471 View attachment 1421472 View attachment 1421473 View attachment 1421474 View attachment 1421475 View attachment 1421476 View attachment 1421477
Very nice! I paid $150 American for my exceptionally clean 771. The lamps are not difficult to replace. You should try it yourself.
IMG_3603 (1).jpeg

Back
Top Bottom