What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Oh crap where do I begin... I’m a real curmudgeon, was born, in my estimation, 30 years late.

Lack of basic mathematical skills.
Making change for instance; clerk says to me $7.25, I hand over $20.25, she saw the $20 and punched that into the register, register said $12.75 change, clerk looks at $20.25 in her hand, screws up her face, looks at me, rolls her eyes, pulls a calculator out of a drawer and proceeds to try and figure out what change to give me. After some frantic button banging and hitting clear a few times she hands over $18.00...

My conscience kicks me in the ass and I give her back the $5...

Anyone who calls records “vinyls”

Whenever I enter a building if there is anyone reasonably close behind me I will open the door and hold it for them, man, woman, child, doesn’t matter. I am always amazed when they stroll right by me without so much as a nod, eye contact, thanks... nothing. In my experience young to middle aged white women are the biggest offenders, just my personal observation.

People who don’t wash their hands after visiting the restroom.

Lack of basic mathematical skills.
I think this lack of quick math calculation is the normal now.
When ever I pay cash in our supermarket the checkout person reads the change on the screen, screws the change up inside any notes and hands the little bundle back.
By contrast, our local fast food shop around the corner, privately family owned and run (not a big name outlet) by a chinese couple.
When I pay, their daughter, about 9-10, sitting on a high stool, takes the money draws out change from till and counts it out properly without missing a beat. Why can she do that and a grown person can't?

Bumper stickers. The only time I've ever used one was to cover up a rust hole in my bumper. I don't see that many anymore which I'm happy about. They are almost as bad as those Baby On Board tags hanging in car windows.

One day I was driving behind a car that had two stickers. On the left was Practice Random Acts of Kindness. On the right, Thank You For Not Breeding. Split personality?

The cars that really bug me are the ones with 20-30 decals and stickers plastered all over the back of the car and window. Did I also mention those people who put mounds of Beanie Babies on the back window ledge? Or multiple baseball caps? Or two or three Kleenex boxes? If you have to sneeze, wouldn't it be more convenient to have the box in the front seat area? And why three boxes?

"Pics of Your Listening Space";)
images

Since when....I mean who had the idea...of using backup lights on cars as courtesy lights.

As if parking lots weren't confusing enough. Now they can make their cars look like they're in reverse just by pushing the key fob.

Are you a conscientious driver ? Going to wait for them to back out of the slot. Hell, they're not even in there.

"unoptanium"
"Scroe"
Mutual or collective masturbation threads (I can think of two).
Starting sentences without an identifier.

As well a lack of general lack of caring about speling grammarpunctuation spacing or proper capital Yuse.

Here is an actual one, pulled from the forum- they are not hard to find.

"Millennial here. Very disappointed to have to take Sears off the list of companies that I helped kill."

Let's correct it...
I am a millennial here. I am very disappointed to have to take Sears off the list of companies I helped kill.

I know what usually causes it. It's internet and texting laziness... and it does bug me even though I am not an English major. :confused:

Here is an actual one, pulled from the forum- they are not hard to find.

"Millennial here. Very disappointed to have to take Sears off the list of companies I helped kill."

Let's correct it...
I am a millennial here. I am very disappointed to have to take Sears off the list of companies I helped kill.

I know what usually causes it. It's internet and texting laziness... and it does bug me even though I am not an English major. :confused:

Doesn't bother me a bit.

Back
Top Bottom