Today's JAZZ playlist

Selections #35 and 36 from the auction box.

ak190110.jpg

Charlie Haden Quartet West: Haunted Heart. (Verve 314 513 078-2, 1992)

Mini review: concept album - modern compositions inspired by Hollywood's noir days, alternating with a few old period recordings. Disc booklet is required reading. Really enjoyable - I ended up listening to it through probably half a dozen times over the last few weeks before getting around to taking a picture.

Denny Jiosa: Dreams Like This. (Sonic Canvas Records SCO312, 2008)

Mini review: impressive guitarist doing mostly bouncy-smooth stuff. When the backing horns play, there are moments that sound a little like Lee Ritenour's band a la Wes Bound. Above is a link to a "real" review.
I like that Haunted Heart album. And also Haden's Nocturne album, along similar theme, IMO.
OG

That was pretty fast!
A new record was set! :) This seller did a fine job. Ratings were spot on. Fast shipping. Well packed. Already played the Nancy Wilson album. A few songs were a bit disco-y but the song The Sadness In My Eyes was worth the price of the record. Now playing Lou Donaldson
IMG_0001 (1).JPG
August 22,1969-Eddie Williams,Lou Donaldson,Charles Earland,Melvin Sparks,Jimmy Lewis and Idris Muhammad
Jan 9,1970-Blue Mitchell,Lou Donaldson,Melvin Sparks,Lonnie Smith,Jimmy Lewis and Idris Muhammad
RVG too
Blue Note BST 84337

Last edited:
A new record was set! :) This seller did a fine job. Ratings were spot on. Fast shipping. Well packed. Already played the Nancy Wilson album. A few songs were a bit disco-y but the song The Sadness In My Eyes was worth the price of the record. Now playing Lou Donaldson
View attachment 1383020

A tune I really I love off that Lester is, "My First Impression Of You"...

Back
Top Bottom