This is kinda scary...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember my grandson coming over and watching me pull an LP out of it's jacket and trip out over " the huge CD " ,we gave him the album & told him to play it ,he spent 15 minutes looking at the CD tray trying to figure out how that huge CD went inside ,my God did we laugh ,now they laugh at me because I can't do anything on Photoshop while they make obscene pics with pops head on other people's body .

Yep just proves my point about the movie Idiocracy...
In the future.... Strike that.... Nowadays you're considered a genius if you figure out how to use a can opener...
WTF!

The dumbing-down of America another good book to read.
A People without knowledge are easily subjugated.

We have come a long way from the days of John Draper and Joe Engressia and the knowledge of analog phones.

If you could only find a way to incorporate that phone into an alarm system instead of a keypad. If you could make a cell phone with a dial, your phone would never be stolen.

Dudes - there are SO MANY THINGS the millenials can do as second nature that's just awkward or weird to us,
laughing because they don't know dinosaur droppings like LPs and dial phones is just rude.
hell, so many of them have no use for owning a car!! get your head around THAT one!
And yeah, I'm in my mid-60s, so I remember "back in the day"

Why, again, should we expect these kids to know how to use a rotary phone? I probably haven't touched one since before they were born.

Next thing you know, we'll see an AK thread slagging Millennials for not knowing how to send a telegraph.

Wonder why
Why, again, should we expect these kids to know how to use a rotary phone?

I’d say because it’s pretty much self evident and really doesn’t take shit for brains to figure out after about 30 seconds of sitting down with it.
And personally I’d just as soon they didn’t drive and stay away from behind the wheel of a car.
Lots safer on the roads that way.

Last edited:
There's a better one: Ask ANY millenial to name 2 Supreme Court Justices. Ask them to tell you what form of Government the US has. Ask them to name their State Senators. Ask them to explain the law of supply and demand. Then stand back and be dumfounded, because most of the will have college degrees.

There's a better one: Ask ANY millenial to name 2 Supreme Court Justices. Ask them to tell you what form of Government the US has. Ask them to name their State Senators. Ask them to explain the law of supply and demand. Then stand back and be dumfounded, because most of the will have college degrees.

bcf5f79bbfec28d25c129c7cb901c574.jpeg

There are plenty of things that were commonly used before my time that I wouldn't know how to operate.

I tire of AK's regular Two Minutes Hate directed at all people 15-37 by those older (mostly boomers - the sociopathic narcissists that cannibalized post-War America) on the basis of our supposed generational ignorance and worthlessness. If there's a silver lining, it's this:

It won't be long, and we'll get to bury you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom