The way it used to be...

The bicycle rides me and my friends did to Hansen Damn to swim and fish in the summer.

Just one of many things.
Today, Hansen Dam offers recreations such as year round camping.
Hansen_Dam_Homeless_Problem_0_5810344_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Everything. I miss everything.

The Waltons is on Amazon Prime. Lately the wife, kid, and I have endeavored to do an ole fashioned family TV hour watching an episode per night. Nostalgia for a TV show from the 70s featuring a family from the 30s.

Another fogging truck stalker here.In the winter time playing hockey ,be it with my team at the rink,on the road or the backyard rink from 9am till after dark on weekends and same after school on weekdays and never wearing out.For the first 17 years of my life in the 60 and seventies I lived on Canadian military bases and loved every minute of it.There was always tons of stuff for kids to do and lots of kids to do it.Swimming holes,bike adventures to other towns and fishing holes .My friend or friends knocking on the door to see if I could come out and play at dinnertime and mom telling them as soon as I was done eating it was ok or maybe asking them if they would like to join us .All meals were homemade, no instant junk like today.Punch a bug!

real Buttermilk to enjoy with cornbread -
that stuff they sell now isn't the real deal!

real Buttermilk to enjoy with cornbread -
that stuff they sell now isn't the real deal!
How to tell when buttermilk goes bad? Old joke.
Dad was a farm kid with a taste for buttermilk. I learned to like it in the Army, it was plentiful in the field because few would drink it.

I miss the Bay Area of the 70s and 80's. It was a great place to live and grow up (KTVU, KSAN, KFOG, KBHK 44, Bob Wilkins Creature Features..columbo french bread) - you could drive anywhere in about 15-20 minutes. Great middle class place to be - Berkeley, SF, Alameda, Oakland, San Mateo.

Those days are gone.

Last edited:
Perhaps I’m wrong, maybe when I was younger, I just wasn’t as aware...

I miss a more honest world. A world that I didn’t always have my guard up.

A world where I wasn’t constantly trying to figure out the scam that was just proposed to me.

A world that didn’t crown the scammers and hustlers and cons with the moniker of “good businessmen” and exonerate their lies because it made them rich.

A world where greed was not good.

Am I naive?

Riverview, yes. I recall the African Dip. Not many people miss that kind of thing from the old days, nor polio and subservient women. Or maybe they do.

I visited Riverview many times , but I don't recall the African Dip . ??

It was a fun place , and cheap too.

Back
Top Bottom