Today's classical playlist

We were speaking of Teri Towe the other day. Catching Teri's show on WKCR right now. Great harpsichord...:music:

EDIT: Teri just wrote on his Facebook page that he is playing, "Mahan Esfahani's new CD of music by the English virginalists and Francesco Cavalli's 'Vespero delle Domeniche'.

Last edited:
This volume seems to be very hard to find, so I had to go for a Presto Classical CD-R, with audio files supplied by the label. Anyway, it sounds great and is a wonderful performance.

610MSV0C8QL.jpg

This is a wonderful recital of works for 10-string guitar by contemporary Finnish composers. She plays two instruments--one is a "standard" 10 string guitar; the other is the one pictured on the cover--the extra bass strings do not have frets, which allows her to play quarter-tones. Only three pieces use that guitar, and only the Tiensuu makes extensive use of quarter tones. The other pieces are more accessible and quite impressionistic. She's an excellent player, too. I was surprised to find it wasn't an SACD since all of my other Alba discs are SACD, but it sounds very good.

71zxxFK0a%2BL._SL500_.jpg

61C-Cx1lrqL._SL500_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom