Went to the local weed shop & was blown away by the choices!

What they call hash these days is often this horrible stuff made using liquid butane as a solvent.
Even the major pot-heads I know steer clear of it.
It is not the "hash" of old.

Hmm.. Here in the bluegrass state, most folks I know (and even yours truly) have used the "bubble hash" method, with stunning results. No chemicals needed, unless you consider the dihydrogen oxide needed in its coolest state.

Yes, I'm being a smartass. You use ice to make the crystals cold, they break off, settle at the bottom, and you collect.

First time I did it, I had a brick the size of a Reese's cup. And it was fine. :beatnik:

Still have a tiny amount somewhere.

Hmm.. Here in the bluegrass state, most folks I know (and even yours truly) have used the "bubble hash" method, with stunning results. No chemicals needed, unless you consider the dihydrogen oxide needed in its coolest state.

Yes, I'm being a smartass. You use ice to make the crystals cold, they break off, settle at the bottom, and you collect.

First time I did it, I had a brick the size of a Reese's cup. And it was fine. :beatnik:

Still have a tiny amount somewhere.

Find it! I'll be over, haven't had good hash in years!

@epifanatic my experience with hash has been absolutely wonderful. All the pleasures of cannabis, but not ONE SINGLE TIME have I ever had a bad ride, paranoia, nothing. I always seem to think "shoe polish" when I smoke it, I have no idea why, but it is a wonderful taste, buzz, and experience.

If I had my druthers.....it would be the only thing I use. Alas, I quit my farming about 6 years ago, and just don't have the resources I did back then.

This is the beauty of legalization. You can avoid harrowing experiences such as these. Edibles these days say how much THC is in each portion. I don't recommend more than 10mg of THC to start with. It takes a long time to digest in my system - sometimes up to 90 mins. Various companies are experimenting with ways for it to digest/act quicker.

I prefer edibles over vaping/smoking, but due to how long they take to digest, I tend to stick to vaping.
Eating versus smoking yields different results of course, if I have bud trim or kief I typically stick it in the oven for 30 mins at 250 farenheight and decarboxylate it then eat it in some fashion it provides a longer lasting high with no waste gone up in smoke for example I can get the same effect if I decarb it first with half the amount of weed versus smoking.

I don't eat edibles unless it is from a store with known amounts eating brownies or whatever from an unknown source rarely turns out well either you get no effect or you are couch locked for hours.

Regards Snow

Last edited:
It’s more my wife’s thing.

But the boutique experience in Colorado is still really cool. We drove all over the state and a few luxury boutiques we stopped at in Denver and Durango really elevated the personal/luxury experience.

In the heart of the bible belt I doubt I live to see it. Hell we were just allowed to buy alcohol on Sunday a couple of years ago and there's still lots of places you can't. Weed???LOL!! not in my lifetime.

and olsen....we're headed to CO in May. Wanna meet up in KC:smoke:

In the heart of the bible belt I doubt I live to see it. Hell we were just allowed to buy alcohol on Sunday a couple of years ago and there's still lots of places you can't. Weed???LOL!! not in my lifetime.

and olsen....we're headed to CO in May. Wanna meet up in KC:smoke:

We have actually been in CO the last couple of years in September, but the county we stayed in is not 'Green' in that regard. It is interesting going into the stores in the Denver area and thinking did this really happen in the USA?

Funny what you say about SC counties being dry. When we first started motorcycling in the WNC, SC, Georgia areas we were wondering why there would be a beer store on a back road in the middle of nowhere. Took us a while to realize they were on located 'just over' county lines.

I had a friend from out of state here yesterday and he wanted to go to the weed shop. He was dumbfounded at 90 seconds in. He wanted to try some high test so our cutie pie bud tender made some recommendations. These are both around 28% THC!
08B3369D-1AF9-472B-9440-C729FEB7068B.jpeg FEFE21D4-3627-405F-BB37-749F99D8191B.jpeg
We had his XJ-13. As he put it “super intense, clean, crisp”. I give it 2 thumbs up. I’ll be trying the Green Ribbon BX in the near future which is a hybrid.

I had a friend from out of state here yesterday and he wanted to go to the weed shop. He was dumbfounded at 90 seconds in. He wanted to try some high test so our cutie pie bud tender made some recommendations. These are both around 28% THC!
View attachment 1383477 View attachment 1383478
We had his XJ-13. As he put it “super intense, clean, crisp”. I give it 2 thumbs up. I’ll be trying the Green Ribbon BX in the near future which is a hybrid.
Sounds like you might enjoy the results if you keep an eye out for Oldtimers's Haze, Panama Red, and anything from Vietnam. :angel:

My wife suffers from the most agressive and painfull form of Multiple Sclerosis and cannot tolerate opiates ,hence I've been growing her medicine illegally for 20 years and legally for 10 years ,brand names of marijuana mean very little , for pain the strains that are the most effective are either a pure Indica ,or a heavy Indica Strain ,I grow single cola sea of green flood n drain hydroponics ,from a 4ft x 8ft flood table with 50 rooted sexually mature clones and 8 or more node sites I pull between 6 and 7 lbs of A+ 5 star smoke every 7.5 weeks ,I'm part owner of our local CO-OP and have a total of 10 patients I supply and all of my patients suffer extreme pain , I grow my own strain which I created out of crossing Blue Widdow with Top 44 Skunk ,one hit from the bubble hash I make and your chilled ,3 hits and your worst pain is gone ,if you have a medical card and want to learn how to become a master grower within 6 months I'd be willing to apprentice you ,for over 20 years I've mentored over 50 patients who suffer from MS,MD,Bone Density Disorder and severe neuropathic pain .

If you have room to set up a 4 x 8 table with three 600 watt HPS lighting systems cooled by a push pull fan configuration ,a 40 gallon Rubbermaid resivoir for your main grow area ,then a small area with 2 mother plants allowed to become sexually mature " loaded with pistils " ,then I can very quickly teach you how to grow 4 ounce single cola plants at 50 plants per flood table ,80% of your harvest will be roughly 4lbs to start every 7.5 weeks ,and you'll have roughly 2 lbs of airy buds you can use to make excellent bubble hash and take at least 2 ounces of hash with every grow ,if you buy your gear from HTG supply you can set up a highly productive grow I outlined for under $2,000 ,if you have room for 2 tables you'll harvest every 3.5 weeks ,4 tables and harvest every week .

Back
Top Bottom