looking for an integrated tube amp kit

which one are you refering to when you sat "Bob", I get a little overloaded when looking at this stuff. tubes4hifi? I don't see a 35 at tubes4hifi

Sorry, yes, Bob Latino at tubes4hifi. He doesn’t have a 35. The 70 is in your general price range and you get twice the power...unless you run it in triode mode then you’ll get 17 watts or so.

I'm always looking for ways to get things done while spending less.

If you're looking to set up a second system, want tubes, and want to do some soldering I'd suggest finding a Magnavox (or similar) console pull and rebuilding it. You'll end up with something that sounds good at a fraction of the cost of the kits.

On the other hand, your Scott really is perfect for this so if you don't really plan on having two systems - which would require you to buy more speakers unless you have some already - I'd suggest that you find a cheap stop-gap solution and focus on getting the Scott up and running again. You are apparently in the process of doing just that.

Your speakers are quite efficient and don't really need much power. Something like this costs almost nothing, sounds surprisingly good, and would fulfill your need for music until the Scott is functioning again.

https://www.parts-express.com/dayto...attery-powered-mini-amplifier-15-wpc--300-380

I use one as part of my home office computer system. I also have a Fisher SA-16 PP 6BQ5 connected so I can choose between them. No need to spend hundreds of dollars when you already have a tube amp that is perfect for the job.
thanks for the ideas.....it's a long and complicated road.....I bought a mini watt appj 2013 for just what you suggest, a stop gap. I'm loosing faith in my ability to find an OTP for the 299B, so I ordered a Decware Rachel but that will take 3-4 months. I kinda just want something nice now to do for the next 4 months and then maybe pass it on. Thought a kit would be fun and educational....I'm retired so I have the time. I'm kinda shy about vintage since my 299B looks kinda hopeless. Anyway, thought a kit would be fun but wow they are expensive to, but if I could build it, listen to it for 4-5 months and just get my $$$ back, that sounds fun. Thats how I came to the idea of a St-35.....it's in the ballpark of the watts I need and not out of my price range. ramble......

One other thought.
If the you opt for an ST 35,
I'd suggest you look at thread by NJCanuck.
It's basically a from scratch build using Dave Gillespie's PS and amp boards , new chassis and transformers.
If you reach out to Rich (very nice guy) I'd bet he'd help with parts list, sourcing.
Not turn key kit , but about as good a ST 35 as you'll come up with (no bad thing!) In your price range. It won't necessarily be a stop gap. If all you need are 17wpc, this could be an end game amp for you.

One other thought.
If the you opt for an ST 35,
I'd suggest you look at thread by NJCanuck.
It's basically a from scratch build using Dave Gillespie's PS and amp boards , new chassis and transformers.
If you reach out to Rich (very nice guy) I'd bet he'd help with parts list, sourcing.
Not turn key kit , but about as good a ST 35 as you'll come up with (no bad thing!) In your price range. It won't necessarily be a stop gap. If all you need are 17wpc, this could be an end game amp for you.

thanks for the suggestion, I just read that thread and that looks like a great option with a little more challenge.

Back
Top Bottom