Today's JAZZ playlist

UVHGoWy.jpg

That is beyond lovely! I, too had no idea that this recording existed. My introduction to Grappelli's work was through David Grisman's quintet in the late 70's/early 80's. I remember a Tonight Show with Johnny Carson where they were the musical act at the end of the show. I shared his music with my late father in law, who was an accomplished violinist among his many other talents (e.g. he taught me how to wire a house). To me, Stephanne Grappelli was like Coletrane in that he was an inexhaustible wellspring of melody/ideas when he got going. To be sure it was a different era/aesthetic, but they shared the same roots in the collective unconscious.

I agree. I don't usually comment with my own ear's opinion like "THIS IS GREAT!" because out taste varies even though we all love the Genre of Jazz. But to me, this album is the quintessential sound of the Parisian Jazz Clubs, especially in the 50s-60s era.

Aloha Land! :) 20 degrees C this morning (68 f for our American friends). PERFECT for relaxing without having to turn on the fans.

Those CDs were ordered my friend. The first should be here sometime this week. The second (from England) will be here in about 10 more days. I will keep you posted!

Within half an hour you will get some good gift, please wait till then. :)

Back
Top Bottom