What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

People that poke along in front of you and as the light at the intersection you are coming to turns red they floor it and run the light leaving you now behind 30 cars that are pouring in from the side street.

People that poke along in front of you and as the light at the intersection you are coming to turns red they floor it and run the light leaving you now behind 30 cars that are pouring in from the side street.

Or, you're waiting at a stop sign to turn onto a main road and an oncoming vehicle floors it so you can't go, and then when they realize you aren't going to go, they slow back down.

Or, you're waiting at a stop sign to turn onto a main road and an oncoming vehicle floors it so you can't go, and then when they realize you aren't going to go, they slow back down.

Ah, the aggressive "there is no way you are getting in front of me" move. I get the similar one all the time where I'm going 70 in the slow lane and a car is multiple car lengths behind me doing 68 in the fast lane; as we close in on a vehicle doing 65 in the slow lane the car behind me speeds up just enough to keep me from getting over to pass the slower car.

Drove home from Chicago today and could not believe the number of idiots passing on the right only to either get behind a slow semi and lose their original place in the LH lane line or jam themselves in between a cpl cars then hiring the brakes causing a chain reaction of brake checks. Idiots.

That is why I dread driving I5 through California. It is a non-stop chain of a vehicle 'passing' one that is going 1 mph slower and a huge line of cars waiting to get past both of them. And all the idiots that fly up the right hand lane and shove their way into the barely a car length in front of a car that has been waiting for miles for their chance to get around the big rig.

Ah, the aggressive "there is no way you are getting in front of me" move. I get the similar one all the time where I'm going 70 in the slow lane and a car is multiple car lengths behind me doing 68 in the fast lane; as we close in on a vehicle doing 65 in the slow lane the car behind me speeds up just enough to keep me from getting over to pass the slower car.

And how about when you're driving at 70 in the slow lane and somebody wants to hang in your blind spot in the passing lane.

Add five hours to my day, and WOULD take you up on that cool quaff...maybe several on them!

OK...another minor peeve for the day.

Why can't they make beer taste the same as in draft vs can/bottle? Personally, I and the SO prefer the former...however some swear by the latter.

How come?

Q

As a former brewery employee:

Draft is typically sent to the keg straight from the fermenting tanks with only filtering and specific gravity correction. Maybe some UV treatment. It stays cold until you get served (at least it should remain cold). Bottle and canned beer is Pasteurized (heated up) after filling.

That's why canned Coors used to taste good. Cold bottled/canned and shipped cold. It tastes like dishwater now...maybe they changed things in the last few decades.

Writing in the language and format of a text message. And worse yet, speaking in the language and format of a text message.

Advancements in technology has not been kind to those that embrace texting as their only means of communicating with others.

Advancements in technology have not...

Advancement in technology has not...

Just sayin'

We all make errors writing or posting in forums. The English language is complicated.

All the hipsters whose every 2nd/3rd word outta their moths is "AWESOME !!!" No you Dingleberries, a new kitchen sink, house windows or milady's smock are NOT "AWESOME !!!", but the USS Enterprise, the Queen Mary, a747 or even that dreadful Airbus 380, ARE "AWESOME !!!" Can't you small-minded lot find some other descriptive appellation to run into the ground ? Hay-Zoos. Another thing that flies all over me are parents who will not make their progeny BEHAVE in hospitals, restaurants, other public places. No, you horse faced harpy, your idiot spoor running at full tilt amongst the tables is most assuredly NOT the cutest, most adorable child that ever was-Especially when he/her/it launches into the "Whistle Register" that ALL tykes apparently MUST do nowadays. OK, I could not do that when I was a tadpole, even then my voice was too low. But if I HAD been able to do it, I would have been snatched up forthwith, taken to the bathroom facilities by one of my parental units, & I likely would NOT have been able to have sat down comfortably for a day or 2 My dad would be replacing the skinny belt in his trousers, & my mom would have been apologizing to EVERYONE in the whole joint about how bad her child was, but THEY wouldn't have to worry about him, 'cause I wouldn't be coming back there till about 1980 or maybe even later. Oh, it wasn't THAT bad, I never got Keelhauled THAT badly, but the threat was there, & I never called their bluff. I DID do my best Whorf from "Next Generation" imitation-Growling angrily at this one young Beauzeau who kept kicking my chair in this one greasy spoon... Little shyte finally quit & I ended up making friends w/him. But I think he figured I was about ready to eat him-Which was EXACTLY the reaction I wanted... (Grin)

No you Dingleberries, a new kitchen sink, house windows or milady's smock are NOT "AWESOME !!!",
I am with you on this.
I made this point at a recent meeting I was at. Once , the Sunset or the Universe or spectacular Waterfall would be described as Awesome. Not an icecream or some pop stars video

My biggest peave is seeing vintage Altec 19s with a $3 houseplant sitting atop 1 speaker and the other has an incense holder burning away atop The speaker ,that's when I wish I was Darth Vader and could choke somebody via video monitor .

All the hipsters whose every 2nd/3rd word outta their moths is "AWESOME !!!" No you Dingleberries, a new kitchen sink, house windows or milady's smock are NOT "AWESOME !!!", but the USS Enterprise, the Queen Mary, a747 or even that dreadful Airbus 380, ARE "AWESOME !!!"

:rolleyes:

Alternative we have:

Or:

I may have already said this, but on the TV show Shark Tank, how EVERYONE starts their sentences with "So...".
"So how much of your own money did you invest?"
"So, we invested 100k of our own money"
"So what are your plans?"
"So we want to hire 10 more people..."
and SO on.

So, like, it drives me nuts. Watch it sometime. It almost has me thinking that it's scripted. How could EVERY person have that same word-whisker? They even had an immigrant guest with a heavy Asian accent, and he did it too!

Listen to NPR for a few minutes. You will have a years worth of "So" and "I mean...". :mad:

All the hipsters whose every 2nd/3rd word outta their moths is "AWESOME !!!" No you Dingleberries, a new kitchen sink, house windows or milady's smock are NOT "AWESOME !!!", but the USS Enterprise, the Queen Mary, a747 or even that dreadful Airbus 380, ARE "AWESOME !!!" Can't you small-minded lot find some other descriptive appellation to run into the ground ? Hay-Zoos. Another thing that flies all over me are parents who will not make their progeny BEHAVE in hospitals, restaurants, other public places. No, you horse faced harpy, your idiot spoor running at full tilt amongst the tables is most assuredly NOT the cutest, most adorable child that ever was-Especially when he/her/it launches into the "Whistle Register" that ALL tykes apparently MUST do nowadays. OK, I could not do that when I was a tadpole, even then my voice was too low. But if I HAD been able to do it, I would have been snatched up forthwith, taken to the bathroom facilities by one of my parental units, & I likely would NOT have been able to have sat down comfortably for a day or 2 My dad would be replacing the skinny belt in his trousers, & my mom would have been apologizing to EVERYONE in the whole joint about how bad her child was, but THEY wouldn't have to worry about him, 'cause I wouldn't be coming back there till about 1980 or maybe even later. Oh, it wasn't THAT bad, I never got Keelhauled THAT badly, but the threat was there, & I never called their bluff. I DID do my best Whorf from "Next Generation" imitation-Growling angrily at this one young Beauzeau who kept kicking my chair in this one greasy spoon... Little shyte finally quit & I ended up making friends w/him. But I think he figured I was about ready to eat him-Which was EXACTLY the reaction I wanted... (Grin)

You hit the nail on the head. How do small humans create such loud and irritating screams? How do they not rupture their vocal chords?

I didn't think I had a pet peeve, but I guess I do, and it's inconsiderate people. Usually neighbors children and the cretins that spawned them.

My dad was an ex-drill instructor and football coach, so neither I, nor my buddies, got away with squat. I would ask friends to come by and they would ask "Is your dad home?". Kind of funny looking back.

Basketball at 6:00AM, really? Basketball at midnight?

Incessantly parking in front of your house when there are spots in front of there own domicile.

Biggest peeve is them teasing my dogs. We have invisible fence and the dogs are trained but they will only take so much before they bolt. I've watched kids run across our yard trying to get the dogs to chase them (which, of course they do), or get them to move into the "shock zone" for a good laugh.

We are not allowed to have a physical fence. I would install one if I could, even though I have a pretty large yard.

I watched one village idiot from two-doors down dance up and down on the property line with my Weimaraner barking at him from 10 feet away. The little shit picked up a stick and winged it at him, missing by inches. The dog bolted and chased the kid all the way to his yard. I guess I'm lucky he didn't take a chunk out of him. There's no way the kid could have outrun him.

The same spawn above, and their sibling and friends were jumping back and forth across the invisible fence line (mind you, these are not my next-door neighbors, these kids are not on their property, but on my neighbors property). I yelled at them twice, to "stop teasing the dogs", which of course they ignored. Their brain-dead mother was on their patio the whole time. The third time I walked over to her and asked her to keep her kids from teasing the dogs or someone was going to get hurt. She looked at me like I was from Mars.

Good fences make good neighbors.

I've always wanted my home on 100 acres. Folks ask what I would do with 100 acres? I just say "nothing, absolutely nothing". Actually, 1000 acres would be better;)

Eentaresteen'.... I thought I'd get WAY more flack from you lot about my implied comments that chilluns should generally be SEEN , but not heard, & that a trip to the Men's room to get a dosage of Attitude Adjustment would have you nascent hipsters squeaking & beeping w/righteous indignation & empurpled rage for years. Maybe there IS hope for this basically otherwise HOPELESS society after all....Eentaresteen'....

So we decided a while back to swap out 2 dressers in our house from Ikea with 2 new dressers (the same, but different color). Got a notification email that Ikea is having a sale.

Put 2 dressers into my cart and then checked the shipping cost (Emeryville to San Anselmo).
The last time we had large items from Ikea delivered to the same address, $39 total. This time (during the sale) $199.

I wonder what the shipping cost will be after the sale? :idea::idea::idea:

Back
Top Bottom