Are NFL refs crooked?

They should do away with Refs and just setup 100 cameras and call it from that. The real problem is that these guys, who have been playing the game since childhood still don't know what a foul is. Maybe they all get paid just a bit too much for what they do. But yeah, the Refs hate Philly in every sport and it's noticeable.

The lack of a call on the foul by the Rams was beyond belief.
I have seen many missed calls but none as bad as that one and with a ref 10 yards away looking right at it. That missed pass interference on the critical 3rd down on previous possession was also pretty awful.

Yes, the NFL is like NASCAR. They have favorites every week. But to your real point "Go RAMs". sign me a frustrated Eagles fan.

It's nothing new ... remember "the call"? Took them five minutes to get a consensus, and they got THAT wrong.

the-call.jpg

The solution? Stick with the original number of officials, get rid of instant replay, and make it a federal crime to broadcast any frame by frame analysis. ;-}

PS ... it wasn't the refs anyway. It was Donte Fowler forcing an interception that finished the game. Not a bad contribution to his first game with the Saints, eh?

Last edited:
Say what you will about the refs, but those were a couple of games worth watching. Both shootouts from the best, and they were all out there to play.

New England wins the Super Bowl, think that will be Brady's swan song? Can't imagine a better moment ...

Say what you will about the refs, but those were a couple of games worth watching. Both shootouts from the best, and they were all out there to play.

New England wins the Super Bowl, think that will be Brady's swan song? Can't imagine a better moment ...

Retiring after coming back against Atlanta would have been a better moment. But sheesh, going back to the next two Superbowls after that, who'd a thunk it?

bs

Yes, the NFL is like NASCAR. They have favorites every week. But to your real point "Go RAMs". sign me a frustrated Eagles fan.
Yeah, lets go back to that nasty facemask tackle on Foles with the ref standing right there.

Eh ... we all managed to survive lead and asbestos ... well ... most of us anyway. The original implementation of replay wasn't bad, but it's gotten way too technical since. Put a time limit on it and limit the number of cameras used, and limit everyone on the field to what they can see and hear ON the field before they throw the challenge flag. I'd also limit the officials opportunities to bring out the sticks for a measurement of inches and stick with what's called on the field to keep the game moving. Couple instances where the NE offense was hurt by having the game stall when they wanted to do a hurry up to keep momentum on their side.

Or go the other way entirely, putting cameras on all the players and officials, give a challenge flag to everyone with paid admission, and have a herd of lawyers on the sidelines to evaluate the decision.

Twere me, I'd put the big games on a half hour delay, with the network talking heads commenting on the tape instead of the live performance, and block wifi inside the stadiums. Let the folk on the field decide. I'd also fine players for their "who, me?" and "where's the flag??" performances during the game.

Back
Top Bottom