Are NFL refs crooked?

We ARE still taking about refs, right? <G>

nfl-ref-uniforms.jpg

Roughing the Brady. Nuff said
Yes that was a dubious RTP but lets be real, KC DB's got away with A LOT of shit and a blatant OPI that the ref's let go. Oh by the way, Bob Sutton is looking for a new job, maybe you could give him a recommendation.

I watched the Pats vs Chiefs game and it was a great game. Yeah, some bad calls and missed calls but that's true in every game. Watch the game highlights - some great plays by both teams.

I do find great humor in the deal where if your favorite team didn't win, it's obvious that the refs cheated. lol.

Murray

I watched the Pats vs Chiefs game and it was a great game. Yeah, some bad calls and missed calls but that's true in every game. Watch the game highlights - some great plays by both teams.

I do find great humor in the deal where if your favorite team didn't win, it's obvious that the refs cheated. lol.

Agree.

More than a few bad calls, and non calls.
What's considered reasonable contact in coverage, what's considered (called?) Holding on the O line, what's considered roughing the passer.
Lastly,
Neutral zone infraction. I'd bet there are 20 every game. To not call them 80-95% of the time and then call one in last minutes with the game on the line WTF.
It clearly was a neutral zone infraction.

It's a game played by humans and reffed by humans. Humans make mistakes. It's part of the game.
Interceptions, fumbles, dropped balls ... bad calls.

Ray

Are NFL refs crooked?

Why not? We have athletes who are wife beaters, dog fighters, drug addicts - even a few ex-athletes who are convicted murderers. Seems only fair.

Not sure about crooked. One observation...they all work at field level. Put another one high up in a booth and maybe that person could help?

Inattentive, incompetent maybe.
The kids need impartial incorruptible competent supervision to play nice, otherwise the rules are meaningless. Rules based on assumptions are likewise problematic, perhaps the case here.

What we cannot allow is looney fans sueing just because they don't like a call or non call like is happening in N.O !

Not sure about crooked. One observation...they all work at field level. Put another one high up in a booth and maybe that person could help?

Already got that - there's NFL officials in a booth upstairs and they can initiate a replay based on what they see. Replay Central in New York sees the same feeds and actually make the call. Fairly new system, and they're still tweaking what and when replay review can happen.

That's where the problem comes in. Rules are changing every year, and there are apparently no time limits, so it can drag on forever in game time, especially when a team's got the Big Mo and is driving. What started as a fairly simple process will get complicated enough that they'll need a room full of lawyers to determine whether a play is reviewable first and THEN actually review any plays that meet their interpretation of what qualifies. Can't wait for a day when the NFL Supreme Court is asked to take on a case where a final score is changed based on new evidence ... ;-}

IMO, when this situation happens (and it does often) it should be a push ats, and a tie for moneyline. The only bettors to win would be those whom bought points when betting ats.
Dunno how it all works, I just have occasional lottery ticket money to lose.

Vegas owns the NFL. There's ALOT of money on this sport at the NCAA and professional level. Do I think football at these levels is rigged? You Betcha.

Stopped wasting my time watching 3 years ago.

That's what I say. There is just TOO MUCH MONEY to be made for there to not be some amount of corruption.
Is it just me, or does it seem improbable that so often championship series (world series, NBA finals, etc) go to game 7?

Not to change the subject.....but I'm with Tronk...I'll watch a good game here and there but I'd rather be listening to music, building an amp, working in the yard, doing home improvement or enjoying the outdoors than watching a sport. Life is short. I know I may have to turn in my man card for saying that, but ....with all that's going on in the world ....sports is absolutely trivial.
Participating in it is a great thing (softball leagues, high school & college sports), but to waste a weekend glued to the TV ???? To memorize stats and the starting line up for your team 20 years ago? I don't get it.

It's TRIVIAL.

Back
Top Bottom