2018-2019 College Basketball

75Center

I thought it was time to start this thread. I enjoyed the KU win over Villanova today. I watched it in a sports bar with other KU friends. I've been to one game this year and am going Tuesday night. Allen Fieldhouse literally vibrates due to the noise of the fans. I can't wait!

Darcy, I hope you enjoy a great season. KU is off to a good start. One of our son's live in Omaha and they got us tickets to see Villanova vs Creighton on Jan 13th. I am not a fan of either team, but my son has been a Nova fan for almost 20 years. I am looking forward to going.

Merry Christmas!

ISU looked pretty tough today with a win over KU minus Azubuike.

Longhorns have WVU tonight - I think the Mountaineers will go down.

Alan

I was looking forward to gloating when Michigan moved into number 1 spot. All I needed to wait for was for the Wolverines to beat the Badgers, (which sounded feasible zoologically) and for Virginia to lose at Duke tonight...
Well, Iggy didn't score, U-M faded late and Wisconsin won. Maybe Virginia can beat Duke and stay on top. That may bring out KeninDC.

edit: Cavaliers lost, Jayhawks lost too? Tough day!

Last edited:
Enjoying my Boilermakers current win streak, especially Saturdays win over IU.
Carsen Edwards has been an absolute blast to watch.

UK Wildcats seem to be improving game by game.Kansas game should be a excellent test. SEC is much improved this year.

Enjoying my Boilermakers current win streak, especially Saturdays win over IU.
Carsen Edwards has been an absolute blast to watch.

Didn't watch any of the game, but I see your Boilermakers knocked off the Spartans. That will impact this weeks rankings to be sure.

Checking in. My Cavaliers lost to Duke, but I expect they will be out for blood when they play again.

I went to the UVa at Maryland game and enjoyed that one. Will head down to Charlottesville for the ND game in February.

My "other" team, WVU (wife and son's school), is in a ditch this year. They've got some nice talent, but with Sagaba on the bench, they look to be plying for next year.

UMiami UIllinois (Urbana) will, as ususal, suck; UChicago doesn't do NCAA (Div I), so there ya go re: NCAA B-ball et moi.

UMiami UIllinois (Urbana) will, as ususal, suck; UChicago doesn't do NCAA (Div I), so there ya go re: NCAA B-ball et moi.

I thought you had some connection to Ann Arbor, Edwin. Or was that purely for entertainment?
Btw, Illinois just upset Maryland, at Madison Square Garden no less.

I thought you had some connection to Ann Arbor, Edwin. Or was that purely for entertainment?
Btw, Illinois just upset Maryland, at Madison Square Garden no less.

I spent two summer sessions as a guest lecturer @ the UMich Institute for Social Research, so yes, I have (well, had) a pretty solid connection to Ann Arbor. I liked it a lot. Call me insance but I also liked Detroit, and this was in the mid 1990s. Sure, some scary areas, but I was raised on Chicago's South Side and lived there again, as an adult, in Hyde Park (UChicago's 'hood) for about a dozen years. Weren't nuttin' in Detroit that compared to Chicago 'hoods of Lawndale, Garfield Park, Woodlawn, or Englewood, many of which I travelled into/through on a weekly basis as a child and as an adult.

UK Wildcats seem to be improving game by game.Kansas game should be a excellent test. SEC is much improved this year.

Right, big win for UK last night. I remember when John Calapari stole some eastern thunder from Jim Calhoun’s UCONN success in the early days of the Big East with Marcus Canby and UMASS’s number one rankings. March Madness revving up here. Phatster, I remember being in a pizza bar outside VFW in Washington IN with the TV on and a guy telling me while watching an Indiana State game, “ They’ve got this guy named Larry Bird......”. Are you anywhere near French Lick ?

Last edited:
I look for games where Jay Bilas is an announcer. Last night for example. I don't know much basketball and he teaches me a bit more.

UK v. Tennessee recap video is of course online. Nevada Reno ranked #7 has a video of last years NCAA tournament 22 point comeback against Cincinnati online. Nevada 24-1 has beaten AZ state and USC this year. Last years opening round featured 16 seeded UMBC knocking off 1 seed VA. Food for thought.

Back
Top Bottom