Peach tree Nova 150 reviews?

parksung

has anyone received theirs and can describe performance and sound characteristics? Love the all in one, though my hifi guy is trying to sell me the Naim 5...which I'd still need to buy a phone stage, headphone stage, etc.

I have a Rega RP1 and B&W 602 S3 speakers plus an 90's mission CD player.

I've been demoing a 150 for the past few weeks while I wait for the Nova300's to ship. Should be any day now hopefully.
These are great amps. Be prepared for a long break in period. Put at least 100 hours on it before you make any critical judgments, their character really improves as they run in. Be patient and you will be rewarded. They are very musical, tuneful amps, great bottom end, highs are smooth and somewhat rolled off (but extension improves with hours), lots of power.

The 2 asynchronous usb inputs are stupidly good sounding, better than they have a right to. Plug in your iPad and let it rip, you'll be amazed at the sound quality. I've got my Mac Mini connected to the 2nd usb input using JRiver instead of iTunes. Again, fabulous sound. Don't have a need for the coax so can't comment on them. The MM phono stage is good but I didn't put many hours on it as I use an external. The HT Bypass is a nice touch too.
Haven't tried the headphone out yet but I'll get there :)

This is a LOT of amp for the money. Fantastic sound, great features and looks. IMHO Peachtree have got something special going on here with this new lineup. Ozzy Approves! :)

Last edited:
Slightly off topic...have only used the Peachtree Decco 2...but I'm a fan, especially if you can find one at a good used price. A nice all-around package. Would love to hear the newer stuff.

Well, I'm definitely a fan too. Don't hesitate to give these new units a listen if you get the chance :thumbsup:

I listened to one last week at my local dealer. Man it's very nice! If I hadn't already bought a new Sony integrated and a Music Hall DAC it would be perfect for my computer set up.

It would be nice if the OP would chime in here. Curious as to whether he has heard one since he first started this thread back in June :smoke:

I know it has nothing to do with their performance, but above and beyond sound output, I'm also an aesthetics guy. I absolutely love the way the Peachtree amps look with their rounded corners and gloss finish. The reviews I've read have been overwhelmingly positive and I'm sure they'd fit in just about any decor. Hell, BroonsBane's setup has me drooling. (Ozzy's excited by being in the presence of the amp...) I'd bet dollars to doughnuts, one would sound great with your B&W's.

Just thought I would keep this thread alive in case anyone else was considering a Peachtree Nova 150.

Just received one from Music Direct and up and running as of this morning. Initially, out of the box, it was pretty rough. Harsh high-end and the bass was a bit flat and thin. Gobs of power though. About 5 hours in now and it seems to have smoothed out a tiny, tiny bit. Will let it run in over the next week or so. Running it through it's own DAC via USB-B from an iMac.

Beautiful finish and construction. Setup was a snap. More later.

Last edited:
...about 20 hours in now...I realize I’m no where near the recommended 100 or so hours of break-in but, maybe, things are starting to improve??? Could be my imagination or perhaps wishful thinking, but I listened critically at the 20 hour mark it seems to be a bit smoother in the top end. Less hard or harsh. A bit. Bass is still flat and lacking as of now. Voices do sound nice though and always have since the beginning.

One thing I will say, however, is that long ago I had a Wyred 4 Sound STI-1000 Integrated (also Class D) and while very detailed and exacting that amp was very clinical and cold to me. The Nova 150 is NOT that type of sound - it is much sweeter and that is a positive for sure. The Wyred didn’t stay in my old music room for long because of it’s sterile sound. Going to run the Peachtree overnight and we’ll see what we have in the morning.

I left mine powered on all the time for a week, that helped speed up the process.
That being said, I no longer have this amp. It sure has lots of great features, especially for the money.

Any interest in bringing this thread back to life. These peachtree amps seem like nobrainers. Lot of power for the money. My problem is I have vintage ar3a speakers. I’m not sure about mixing a modern class d amplifier with these vintage speakers.

I think the amount of power in the nova125 seems pretty good for them. Originally I loved the look of the nova 150 at 15 hundred bucks it seems like a great deal. But I’m afraid that it’s too much power and can damage the speakers.

I’m in the market for a new amplifier. I’m currently running them on a pioneer sx3900. I like the sound but I’m nervous about cranking it up and once in a while I want to.

My main interest is classic rock not heavy metal but the 60s-70s stuff and jazz. Any comments on this setup. I also use a technics 1800 turntable and a marantz 6006 CD player.

I just purchased a nova150, and have been listening to it for a little over a week now. It's an awesome integrated amp, and one that will probably be around for quite a while! I'm a newcomer to streaming (other than bluetooth), and the integration of iOS devices, via Lightning to USA-A input, is fantastic! The sound quality is such that I may not have to bother with hi-res streaming, maybe ;)

I'm listening to Spotify through an iPad Pro 10.5, connected to the nova150 via the USB-A port, and controlling what is playing, wirelessly, from my MacBook pro. The nova150 remote allows for volume control, play/pause, rw/next track, amongst its other abilities.

The nova150 is a keeper, for me, and ticks all the boxes, and then some. And, it looks gorgeous, to boot! Next up will be a speaker upgrade.

Just got mine last week. Been out of town so I only listened to it for an hour or so. I can’t get any output on phono. Using a Pioneer PL 71 . Am I missing something? Is there a switch or something to set? I hate to send it back. All other inputs work great.

Just got mine last week. Been out of town so I only listened to it for an hour or so. I can’t get any output on phono. Using a Pioneer PL 71 . Am I missing something? Is there a switch or something to set? I hate to send it back. All other inputs work great.

Wish I could help out. I've not connected my turntable, yet. I'd just make a quick call to Peachtree, and ask them.

No worries. I figured it out. Just got to read the manual sometimes. You need to hold down the Aux2 input on the remote for 10 seconds. It then becomes a phono input. Sounds really good with my ancient Pioneer.

No worries. I figured it out. Just got to read the manual sometimes. You need to hold down the Aux2 input on the remote for 10 seconds. It then becomes a phono input. Sounds really good with my ancient Pioneer.

Glad to hear you're good to go! I am so pleased with the nova150, so far! It plays fairly well with the KEF Q300's, but I'm really looking forward to matching the KEF LS50's with the nova150, next year.

It's all good! :)

Most of my listening is streamed through a Roon Nucleus. I was using a Schiit Modi Multibit. I tried the Nova 150's internal DAC and I really didn't hear much difference. You guys have an opinion about the Nova's DAC vs an external DAC?

Back
Top Bottom