What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

I am in the dog house this morning

Terrible Wind

My other half says i save it up especially for her

Told me to stop she said "Your Wake Next Doors Dog Up......... Again"

We have the dam thing barking all night

Last edited:
Got lots of peeves this week. Must be "Cabin Fever"?

This peeve? People who do not read manuals BEFORE they use stuff, in my situation, a new waffle maker.

Now this ain't no normal food device.:no: Nope. It's is one of the newer vertical ones, wherein you pour the batter into the top of the machine and this gooey matrix then slips to the bottom,
Sounds good in theory. Right? Not ALL time and especially for some who make use of this new kitchen device, and don't read the manual that comes with it.

Anyways, without even looking at the included instructions, the batter is made by the wifey. The machine is ready to use. The green light on the side says so...and the batter that is supposed to be going in. But it's not. It seems that maybe the blue berries that have been added, might be the problem? I say nothing! I know its a viscosity problem, but not a peep from these lips. I do-not-want-to-hit-that-button! The the typical comment now comes out..."this machine doesn't work"!

Finally, I build up the courage to mention that maybe the mixture is on the tad thick side? Notice the qualifying, "tad" The kitchen is silent now. The dog and I sit in quiet anticipation. He's now looking at me for direction. Then one word is uttered. "Maybe", but not by me.

However, after one more attempt, with a read of the instructions... IT WORKS! But this time without the blue berries. I'm trying to hide that all knowing smile. :) The dog ain't even in the kitchen now. He's a smart dog.

Eventually, as we sit quietly at the table eating these newly made, and mind you really tasty waffles. I truly want to say something, but don't. Some things are best said...unsaid.;) The dog is now on the scene and hoping for droppings.

Makes me wish we guys had a manual at times to deal with a certain segment of our species...but we don't! :dunno: It's all trial and error, with good doses of the latter at times. Another thread?

I ramble this morgen...sorry.

It is "Cabin Fever".

Q

Thank god for Eggo! And they have blueberrie too:banana:My suv has whats called a battery save mode which senses issues ands shuts the system down to save power.

More driving peeves:

1) If it is a rural highway with driveways and stop signs and I'm doing over 60 in a 55 zone get off my bumper.

2) If I'm in the slow lane on the freeway and going at or over the speed limit go around or tailgate the guy going slow in the fast lane instead of me.

3) If it is a muli-lane road and you do pass me (again when I'm doing the speed limit or slightly higher) there is never a need to pull into my lane 2 feet in front of my bumper. This isn't Nascar and nobody is coming towards you in your own lane.

4) At a 4 way stop if I have the right-away while making a left turn and you are to my left don't start pulling out right after after I do. I'm turning towards you so I'm going to be getting closer to you as I complete my turn.

5) If you can't maneuver your vehicle then get a smaller vehicle. Maybe you don't need a 4-door super-sized truck if you can't drive it through a parking lot.

6) If you are making a left turn and aren't driving a semi-truck with a trailer then you don't need to swing to the right first. Hug the line on your left so cars can go around you on the right.

7) A stop sign doesn't mean if you think you can make it just blow through. Unfortunately, they have moved past the days of the "California Stop" where cars would almost stop but just keep rolling a tiny bit. Now they, at most, slow slightly. This makes the actual cautious drivers sit at the sign as the other cars approach; afraid to pull into the intersection until they are sure the other car is stopping. Cars blast out from side roads with no intention of stopping.
In the last two years or so it went from an occasional idiot blasting through stop signs to 95% of the people doing it. I'm afraid I'm going to get rear-ended for stopping.

I've only just begun to see stop-sign-blowers here. Saw one a few months ago, guy was oncoming and got there half a block before me and blew through it at 25 mph. Could not believe my eyes. Things are always a bit slow to reach here from the coasts, sometimes that's a good thing. Sheesh.

People who start to slow down a block and a half away from their turn in a city setting then when they get to the turn proceed like they had nitroglycerin in the car with them making their turn into another road or drive a 30 second event.Shominy I belive mine does the same.

I've only just begun to see stop-sign-blowers here. Saw one a few months ago, guy was oncoming and got there half a block before me and blew through it at 25 mph. Could not believe my eyes. Things are always a bit slow to reach here from the coasts, sometimes that's a good thing. Sheesh.

It is crazy how fast it spread here. It went from being a rare occurrence to just about everyone at every stop sign in what seemed like a matter of months. It was as though everyone saw a couple of people doing it and went "Hey, why do I stop at those signs?" It scares me when people pulling out from side roads or driveways look shocked as they slam on their brakes at the last second when(if) they see a car is coming.
I'd say 40% now blow through stop signs at 15-25 mph, 55% slow down to 5-10 mph, 3% do a rolling 'almost' stop and 2% stop.
If the police had woken up and cracked down on it when it first started then I'd think most people would have stopped but now it is just a free for all and hardwired into their brains that it is fine.

The newest thing here is at red lights that take a bit too long to change people will just blow through them. That and using the turn lane to pass cars in the main lanes; on-ramps get used the same way for passing now too.

Those small dick fuc*ers who use spiked lug nuts or covers for them. I had one park next to me today (and I've had them pass me on the highway).

images

WHY?

And though it has never happened to me, damage DOES happen from them.

0w3yL0h.jpg

Douchebags.

Last edited:
Thundering elephants in the room above you at a hotel.

I learned years ago to always ask for a room on the top floor of a hotel.

It seems I somehow got the curse of getting a lower room where people want to thump and tromp around at 2am in the morning while on business or vacation trips.

So, now I demand getting a top level room at check-in.

Back
Top Bottom