What album have you owned the most times in any form?

What is G?

Was the CD+G - 'Graphics' version. Had a 'multimedia' feature that was about as good as you'd expect from the mid-late 90's. Did'nt really do too well. Should have made it "Graffix" and thrown a bong in with each CD, would have done better...

Mobile Fidelity put out a "Half Speed Master" version back in the 80's...best version I ever heard. I bought one to play, and an extra that's still in the bag. I did the same for "Abbey Road".
Back then, MOFI really spoiled me.

That would be one of the pressings I have added recently. Got it from someone in Germany for a decent price :)

"How doesone go about posting a thread asking if a question has been posted before without asking the question in that post, you know, just to be sure that a question only ever gets asked once in the entire history of a chat board?"

You quickly learn who to add to your ignore list.

I've listened to "Take Five" for many years in LP, tape, CD as well as SACD and it still amazes me. It's in 5/4 time which is highly unusual.

6ef4ae-20121205-time-out.jpg

Last edited:
The 1960 Fritz Reiner / Chicago Symphony recording of Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade. I started with a British Victrola LP issue, replaced that with a U.S. Living Stereo pressing (LSC-2446) that sounded significantly better, and later acquired the half-speed mastered LP issue. I also repurchased it twice on CD -- once in the early days of the format and once when RCA offered a much better-sounding reissue in their Living Stereo CD series.

I've owned at least 4 different versions of Aqualung on LP. The most I've owned on different formats is Abbey Road by The Beatles, Cuts Like a Knife by Brian Adams and Face Value by Phil Collins- LP, cassette and mp3 downloads/burned CD.

I don't know how many different albums I have on LP, CD and mp3.

Lamont Cranston's first release on the Shadow label. I think six copies. Bought every one I saw.
I kept a few and gave the others away as presents.
I don't think I have any LC, but I've seen them a few times. Living near the Minnesota/Ontario border has to have some benefits, no? :rflmao:
I also saw Jonny Lang around the same time, when he was a nobody(outside of the midwest) and Bruce McCabe was with him.

Original question? Not sure, but I know I burned through a few copies of Back In Black on cassette back in the day, have gone through a few CD copies, and have a few vinyl copies.
Most formats for one artist? I gotta go with Beck. CD, vinyl, DVD, DVD-A, SACD, (legit) MP3 download, FLAC, and I'm pretty sure I had that one with Loser on it on cassette.

seen them a few times

First time I saw them, I was probably 19 or 20, they blew me away. I was just starting going to shows a lot. I had not heard of them before.
They had a horn section, that was something I had not seen a lot of. First set Pat Hayes played harp, second set he came out playing guitar. These guys really tore it up.
Minneapolis had a big music scene. Must of been nice.

First time I saw them, I was probably 19 or 20, they blew me away. I was just starting going to shows a lot. I had not heard of them before.
They had a horn section, that was something I had not seen a lot of. First set Pat Hayes played harp, second set he came out playing guitar. These guys really tore it up.
Minneapolis had a big music scene. Must of been nice.
Yeah, they were tight when I saw them. One show was in a tiny bar, and my 'seat' was a road case at the side of the stage. That was in Duluth.
I wish I had of been able to take in that Minny scene. Too young.

Honk - Five Summer Stories. 1972, soundtrack.
1 - Original LP from 1972
1 - LP reissue, date unknown
1 - CD, 1992
1 - VHS of the movie, 1994
1 - DVD of the movie
3 - Digital versions of the soundtrack

Honk_Five-Summer-Stories-org.jpg

Back
Top Bottom