AK Retiree Club

Read lots of negitive stuff about the super bowl this moring , mostly because they didn't score more than 50 points I guess. I didn't have any skin in the game so I really didn't care who won and I really enjoyed watching 2 great defensive lines shut the other team down. I didn't even know the Pats had that good of a D-line.
But man that half time show was about unwatchable for me, they made me miss the Lady Ga Ga show from 2 years ago. Even if she faked jumping from the roof of the stadium it was still more exciting than last nights show

Read lots of negitive stuff about the super bowl this moring , mostly because they didn't score more than 50 points I guess. I didn't have any skin in the game so I really didn't care who won and I really enjoyed watching 2 great defensive lines shut the other team down. I didn't even know the Pats had that good of a D-line.
But man that half time show was about unwatchable for me, they made me miss the Lady Ga Ga show from 2 years ago. Even if she faked jumping from the roof of the stadium it was still more exciting than last nights show

I like a good defensive struggle, and that's how I saw it. As far as the halftime show, when you try not to even slightly offend absolutely anyone, you get insipid pablum from has-been acts like you had last night.

I made good use of halftime, I fried the wings and made another Cadillac margarita. It was an epic battle but you just knew going in that Goff’s reads weren’t going to stack up against Belichick’s looks.

I made good use of halftime, I fried the wings and made another Cadillac margarita. It was an epic battle but you just knew going in that Goff’s reads weren’t going to stack up against Belichick’s looks.
Did you use a deep frier??

I have a couple Dutch ovens - 12” & 17”. Love them along with my skillets. I put about 1 1/2” of oil in the Dutch oven. Usually about 50/50 canola and peanut.

^ sounds way better than working ^
Yes I agree parman. Also doing a shit ton of IT work. We got power spikes on Saturday and they glitched 2 of our 3 computers. The iMac with all the important stuff is on UPS is OK. My old MacMini music server for Audirvana required a clean install of the El Capitan OS. It's back in action, but is waiting for me to put the 400gB FLAC music library back on it. In the meanwhile after a couple of hours last night chatting with Apple support my old PowerBook needs a clean reinstall of the High Sierra OS. The Mail app doesn't work right and only God knows what else might be amiss. So I'm just getting that started and will restore my stuff from my Time Machine backup. Hopefully I'll have them ready and waiting for a new Firewire cable arriving tomorrow so I can transfer my files. I can't seem to find one here anywhere. Great fun :(

2DF20867-F8DF-4926-99CC-CE00F6F59C0D.jpeg From yesterday’s Amoeba visit. They’re moving to a new, yet still Hollywood, location in the fall. I have to try to get up there at least once more. It will take decades, if ever, to acquire that epic level of record store funk patina and I’m hitting 63 Monday.

This was the only new one. Didn’t want to spend $32, but I’ve been waiting long enough. Had to have it. McLaughlin is getting nasty, time to go.

We made the 150 mile round trip with a detour on the way to Amoeba in Hollywood for some record shopping and had dinner next door to the Schiitr. The Schiitr would be Schiit Audio’s retail store in Newhall. It’s really a demo hangout with free coffee where you can buy Schiit. Fun stuff.
I had a flashback to the 1st University Stereo that wasn’t in a garage. It was a house on PCH in Long Beach. Think audio speak easy. Locked door. They let you in only if you don’t look like a narc. My wife (trouper) and I went to a meet where they had a first article of their Sol turntable to demo and play with. It was bitchen. Very encouraging and I’m likely to buy one out of the gate. My wife got their principals to say 2QTR availability is likely.
063F610F-71B6-48C0-9441-00E4EE699E56.jpeg

Love the Hollywood Amoeba. A little overwhelming. When I took this picture, they were talking about moving. A Herculean task.

IMG_0822.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom