Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

A video of the "Ethyl Mermans" (JBL 2241H/JBL 2251J/Heil AMT with Clear Solutions Diffuser Wedge/"Home Brew" Crossover) doing their thing with a male voice on Tin Pan Alley. The Clear Solutions Heil Wedge really allows the Heil to integrate with the JBL 2251J presenting a nice clear midrange (and vocals) without undue high end fatigue.

This is in "Pure Direct" with no subs, eq, or digital processing involved.

Enjoy.

FRIGGIN AWESOME!

Second video, staying the the Tin Pan Alley theme. I really need a better recording device, I cannot get higher quality that 480p but it is what it is.

I love this thread, your set up looks awesome. I'd be interested to know what speakers you're driving there. I like the slope of the ceiling from the low wall. I imagine that effects the acoustics of the room favorably.

P.S... I'm listening to this on my ACER LCD Monitor built in speakers at work... -- I love this thread.

I love this thread, your set up looks awesome. I'd be interested to know what speakers you're driving there. I like the slope of the ceiling from the low wall. I imagine that effects the acoustics of the room favorably.

P.S... I'm listening to this on my ACER LCD Monitor built in speakers at work... -- I love this thread.

Thanks for the compliment! Home built speakers, my own creation with inspiration from JBL on the shape and size. Yes, the speaker location has an effect, kind of like placing them in a megaphone, the bass gets a little boomy in places, mostly in the back of the room, far away from the listening position, so far there are no room treatments, too busy with building this house.

You are right, this thread is awesome.

It would be nice if people would say what their format is on this cut. I use the SACD MoFi version, and the sound coming though both my 604s and Ethyl Mermans has more attack, dynamics, and pop than any of the others that I've been hearing. It's obvious even over my computer's Advent system.

I'm betting it's the MoFi.

Beautiful SirReal63. I'm blown away there my friend.

Thanks, but the gulf between live versus this recording is astounding. I listen to this and cringe, it is not a representation of the real thing. These speakers have me spoiled, I cannot stand to listen to the Genesis speakers any more, they lack everything compared to the ones I built.

Yes Denten 590, yours are coming quite well and am enjoying that east coast speaker ADS in particular but am a bit bias for the west;)

Last edited:
Here is another vid of Tin Pan Alley not necessarily better but different. In my opinion not as dynamic as most posted thus far but laid back, less punchy and to my ears and from the word of our fellow aker ‘Pio1980’ “more precise” with volt+ amp. Thanks for listening. source spotify premium.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom