Kappa 7

I had a guy tell me to use mayonnaise can you believe that!
Mayonnaise is made from Vegetable Oil, and Eggs, so unless you want your speakers smelling like Rancid Eggs, I'd stay away from that idea LOL! I use Howard Products FW0016 Feed-N-Wax Wood Polish and Conditioner with Beeswax, Works Great!

These have a riser I mean a small stand 6” or though? And leaned back somewhat. I was able to sand this flat almost. Easily than anticipated.

Attachments

• 6C6D8B0E-E198-4055-867B-7BA17DB9050F.jpeg
    6C6D8B0E-E198-4055-867B-7BA17DB9050F.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 31
  • BC4B80D5-08BC-487D-B0B4-488C82A24346.jpeg
    BC4B80D5-08BC-487D-B0B4-488C82A24346.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 33
These have a riser I mean a small stand 6” or though? And leaned back somewhat. I was able to sand this flat almost. Easily than anticipated.
Damn. That looks great so far. What Bobby said above next. That is the other product I was trying to think of that works well. By the way, I'd kill for that anvil you have in the second picture! Is it ACME surplus?! LOL

That’s great Your building replacement domes. These are shipped out as diy? I’ll wait for them if it’ll help a member.
I'm the guy working on Polydome replacement diaphragms. I've already released EMIT diaphragms for Infinity Tweeters to a huge success, I've sold over 200 units in 5 months. My current focus is getting the EMIM Midrange Diaphragms out the door, and the Polydomes are still a couple months away. Bob D.

I'm the guy working on Polydome replacement diaphragms. I've already released EMIT diaphragms for Infinity Tweeters to a huge success, I've sold over 200 units in 5 months. My current focus is getting the EMIM Midrange Diaphragms out the door, and the Polydomes are still a couple months away. Bob D.

Wow. That's great Bobby. I'm glad the EMITs have been a success for you!

Wow. That's great Bobby. I'm glad the EMITs have been a success for you!
My Goal is to build one success on another, taking the funds from one success, and reinvesting into new products like the EMIM, Kappa Polydome, and now I'm considering a Quantum Midrange Diaphragm in the future.
I'm just one guy with limited funds, and each of these is a sizable investment so I'm using the philosophy that my biggest mentor, Dr. Amar G. Bose taught me: 1. Reinvest your profits back into the company to fund future products, and 2. 'If you're going to do something, do it better than anyone ever has before". I'm now a part time contractor, and have worked for Bose since 1978. As a side gig, I now restore Vintage audio gear including Bose, Infinity etc.

Are you still looking for a replacement binding post? I have a couple that are Infinity, and the positive is the not exactly a red color, kind of a light burgundy color. I'm not sure if I have all 4, but I have at least 2 or 3 you can have. They are gold plated, look like the ones on your cross overs. Just PM me with your address if you need them.

So I bought some Howard restore finish and sanded the other top and it’s an exact match. You can’t see any difference. To the fellow with the binding post I’ll buy them from you. Thanks. I’ve had the other Howard’s and used it for years.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 36
  • C206CBC7-C111-4F5A-92E6-6DEE3D601986.jpeg
    C206CBC7-C111-4F5A-92E6-6DEE3D601986.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 34
  • D3E16AC7-2E04-4781-8EA2-15C73411F793.jpeg
    D3E16AC7-2E04-4781-8EA2-15C73411F793.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 34
I’ve sanded both carcasses with 220 and 330 and rubbed in 4 coats Howard’s. The dome opened more.

Attachments

• 3F64A704-27FB-4F0D-AD5A-0EADEDDD244D.jpeg
    3F64A704-27FB-4F0D-AD5A-0EADEDDD244D.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 26
Trying these out for the first time on some limited gear of which they would melt this amp. I can barely hear the polydome has a tear in it they sound great. I talked to millersound and am gonna send them to em, 220 for the pair.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 18
It’s a Kenwood KM 893. It’s hotter than hell after five minutes of this volume here, which is fairly loud Aren’t they 4 ohm.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 26
international versions of this amp had a 4Ω/8Ω switch. Not sure why the North American version doesn't. But if it's getting that hot, I'd advise using a different amp.

OK, the Polydome on Happa 7's has been getting long in the tooth for the Kappa 7 and other.. They are brittle, cracking and becoming more of a maintenance issue. I spent thr money and got two brand new 3" domes from Simply Speakers, Part # M330.

However while it is pretty much a drop in you are going to want to glue down a couple padding resistor network on the back of the mids.-3 to -3.5 db should be enough to work very well.. I think I used a 2 and a 19 5 watt resistors and it blended real well with the woofers and the tweeters
DC

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom