Sony 5disk CDP sanity check...

knockbill

Lunatic Member
I have a couple of these CDPs,,, one started skipping, so I opened it up and wiped the laser with a dry Q-tip,,, still skipped a bit, and started giving "no disk" errors.... I dropped the disk carrier out and cleaned the laser again with a little alcohol, dried it with Q-tip... reassembled and it works...
Is that all there is to fixing the "no disk error" or am I missing something before I reassemble the case??
Thanks....

Thanks for the replies,,,
I did clean the one metal rail while it was apart, and re-lubed the rack on the other side with thin white lithium... Then took it apart again to re-clean, after the 1st post... It plays thru most CDs, but skips on some,,, I cleaned those discs, no joy,,,, but other than one that is obviously scratched, they play in other CDPs...

Thanks for the input,,, Dropped the transport, cleaned off the lithium grease and tried a drop of oil on the rail, no joy,, there's something more than mechanical wrong with it as it wont see a disc now... may be the disc locating optic, but I think it has an electronic problem...

Back
Top Bottom